Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pickelhaube Cover

Article about: Colleagues What do you think of the cover. to me I feel its right but your opinions are really welcomed on this. Regards Allan

?

Default Pickelhaube Cover

Colleagues

What do you think of the cover. to me I feel its right but your opinions are really welcomed on this.

Regards Allan
    Attached Images Attached Images Pickelhaube Cover  Pickelhaube Cover  Pickelhaube Cover 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pickelhaube Cover
    P
    Many

Unfortunately, there is no way anyone can make an assessment from these small photos.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Will try to get the pictures bigger, Ralph.

Allan

?

Hopefully this is better?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pickelhaube Cover   Pickelhaube Cover  

?

here is another. any info appreciated.

Regards Allan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pickelhaube Cover  

Very hard to tell. The color is very light. These used to be darker, but of course after a 100 years the color can be faded. In the seems should be a remnance of the original color. Also a lot were made red green linnen. I don't see that on this one. The red woolen numbers were mostly stitched in a zag-zag manner. I also see no Bekleidungs Ambt (BA) stamp. The red numbers were issued before September 1914 so very early in the war. After that they became green before removed completely.

But it's very hard to tell if it is original or not as there were variations and also private purchases.

I found some images to contradict my own story. It is, as I said, hard to tell.

Pickelhaube Cover

Pickelhaube Cover

Maybe there is someone with real expertise to help you.

Cheers Paul

?

Paul

Thanks for the response, I too can see similarities with the one you have shown.

Many Thanks Allan

This the one I have. But it's an officer private issue. But there you can see the original red/green color in the seems.

Pickelhaube Cover

Pickelhaube Cover

Pickelhaube Cover

Pickelhaube Cover

Pickelhaube Cover

Pickelhaube Cover

I hope this was helpfull

Cheers Paul

?

Paul

That is very useful, I wonder if they used a different material to that ,that was used on private purchase one?

Regards Allan

I will see if I can contact someone that has some experience in these to give an opinion.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast