MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pickelhaube real or fake? Seller wants 500 euros.

Article about: Does this Pickelhaube look real?

Default Pickelhaube real or fake? Seller wants 500 euros.

Does this Pickelhaube look real?

Pickelhaube real or fake? Seller wants 500 euros.Pickelhaube real or fake? Seller wants 500 euros.Pickelhaube real or fake? Seller wants 500 euros.Pickelhaube real or fake? Seller wants 500 euros.Pickelhaube real or fake? Seller wants 500 euros.Pickelhaube real or fake? Seller wants 500 euros.Pickelhaube real or fake? Seller wants 500 euros.Pickelhaube real or fake? Seller wants 500 euros.Pickelhaube real or fake? Seller wants 500 euros.Pickelhaube real or fake? Seller wants 500 euros.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pickelhaube real or fake? Seller wants 500 euros.
    P
    Many

It looks ok to me.
    Issues are the color(paint), extra holes behind the front plate and the plate it self, needs a closer examination.
    All depends on the price.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

It looks original to me also, certainly not one of those awful fakes ones sees from time time.

I haven't yet seen a cover that has stitched holes for the chin strap.
    Might bear further investigation.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Have to agree with you Ralph, I'm not a huge fan of the cover as I have not examined any in great detail. But if the cover is a potential red flag does this cast doubt on the helmet itself?
    Last edited by BlackCat1982; 06-04-2021 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Typo

If the cover is genuine, it will cost you more then 500 euro.
    I have seen covers of that type, and it looks quiet convincing, but it isn't my field of experience....
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Stitching behind cocarde looks new to me, front plate looks very sketchy, chinstrap is not for a ersatz, the cover is completely torn and worthless. spare parts pieced together helmet and attempt to get max money. i sold a compleet nice stamped ersatz for 400 euro's last year. This one has pieces added to complete, no nice stamps that very much add lot of value. i'd pass on this one for 500 euro's you should get a perfect one.

It looks like some rough stitching at the rear peak. I think I have to agree that it looks like it was composed of original parts. I've done this myself a couple of times. The helmet has extra holes, that decreases value, but this was not a uncommon practice in wartime when helmet were needed for an different army group. The new holes are for a Prussian front plate. The old holes look, this is an educated guess, Bavarian. As far as I know was the Bavarian Army autonomous. Some the scenario of re-issued helmet between Prussia and Bavaria is not what to expect. On the other hand war bring chaos and improvisation.

The cover looks original to me. The rough trench used state makes it appealing, for me at least. This kind of covers were made in 1915 for this version of Pickelhaube. There should a separate spike pieces. This is missing. To check if the cover is original it should have leather at the inside of the holes for the chinstrap to protect is from wear from the cocardes.

(Feldzug 1915; Michael Baldwin)

A patina of al the parts look like they don't fit together. It is certainly not a piece that was together from 1915 till 2021.

What are the markings on the rear peak? Looks like B.JR..XVIII??? Maybe you can get better pictures for identification of the regiment.

500,- euro's is a steep prices considering all issues. If the cover is legit, then.....

Good luck and thanks for posting this one.

Cheers Paul
    Last edited by Irish1965; 06-05-2021 at 06:18 PM.

Very nice post. You talk about the cover at the end, what about the fact that it is torn both sides. Do you still believe this adds so much value to this item?

Well even with the damage it adds some value. I would buy it, if original, separate from the pickelhaube for 50,- euro.

Cheers Paul

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast