Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

postwar Hindenburg cross with swords Original or fake

Article about: Hello, I found such a cross at an auction it is sold with an iron cross, which looks original to me (I don't know whether inserting two orders at once is against the rules) The ribbon looks

Default postwar Hindenburg cross with swords Original or fake

Hello,
    I found such a cross at an auction
    it is sold with an iron cross, which looks original to me (I don't know whether inserting two orders at once is against the rules)
    The ribbon looks original to me.
    the seller was said he was not worn.
    Can you write me what you think about this?
    I will be very grateful!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement postwar Hindenburg cross with swords Original or fake
    P
    Many

Both the cross and its ribbon appear to be original. These are very common awards, and not often faked.

Regards, B.B.

?

I agree with Brodie, both look original!

As stated above but don't pay to much at auction for it as they are usually cheap & plentiful (also come with a myriad of makers marks) i picked mine up for £50 complete with EK2 on a bar. Regards, Paul

?

Hello Alienking PL,

both the Hindenburg cross and the ribbon look original and unworn. The Hindenburg Cross is a very common award, of which around 10,000,000 were awarded up to 1945. Because of this, the crosses are not very expensive and, to the best of my knowledge, are usually not forged.

Best regards
    Wolf

PS: Good luck with the auction

?

common but nice award.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    Both the cross and its ribbon appear to be original. These are very common awards, and not often faked.

Regards, B.B.
    oh, but they are.
    Just go to ebay. Type in "Hindenburg medal" on the left side you where the drop down menu is,
    there is a category "Reprduction ww1 German collectibles". You will see lots of them.

I know I should not link to a ebay auction but purhaps in this case it is justified.
    GERMAN WWI MEDAL - EHRENKREUZ - HONOR CROSS FOR COMBATANTS - HINDENBURG MEDAL | eBay
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    oh, but they are.
    Just go to ebay. Type in "Hindenburg medal" on the left side you where the drop down menu is,
    there is a category "Reprduction ww1 German collectibles". You will see lots of them.

I know I should not link to a ebay auction but purhaps in this case it is justified.
    GERMAN WWI MEDAL - EHRENKREUZ - HONOR CROSS FOR COMBATANTS - HINDENBURG MEDAL | eBay
    Adding to Greg's comments this is the description of the link:
    This is a replica of the German Honor Cross - 1914/1918 - Ehrenkreuz des Weltkriegs - often referred to as the Hindenburg Cross. It was established on 13 July 1934 to recognize German veterans of WWI who had been largely ignored since 1918. This version of the medal - with swords - is for combatants. It was known as the Frontkämpferkreuz.

My bronze replica is very true to the original. Like the originals, it is a one-sided medal with the maker’s mark (in this case W. K.) on the back. It comes with a 6-inch length of the appropriate 30 mm ribbon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture postwar Hindenburg cross with swords Original or fake   postwar Hindenburg cross with swords Original or fake  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Blimey, you wouldn't have thought it worth their while to tool up for that & at not much less money than an original! Pleased to see that it looks like just what it is, Fake crapola . Regards, Paul

?

Why would someone fake a medal that have very little value, and it’s just cheaper to price hike an original one? If it’s that well made. Raul

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast