Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Prussian EM15 Pickelhaube- updated photos.

Article about: A Prussian enlisted mans Pickelhaube that I purchased a couple of years back with updated photos. I guess you could say it’s the proverbial plain Jane as far as Pickelhaubes go but I like

Default Prussian EM15 Pickelhaube- updated photos.

A Prussian enlisted mans Pickelhaube that I purchased a couple of years back with updated photos. I guess you could say it’s the proverbial plain Jane as far as Pickelhaubes go but I like it as it represents the iconic enlisted mans headwear at the commencement of the Great War. This example has several marking including what I have been informed are the yellow painted markings for the Beckleidungsamg Armee Korp depot that issued this helmet. There is also a lightly penciled number 35 in the rear visor which is hard to discern in photos and two illegible stamps on one tongue and in the dome. The initials ‘WW’ or ‘MM’ have also been written on one of the liner tongues. This example is missing its Prussian Kokade which I hope to replace one day when a suitable example can be located.

Hope you like it!
    Andy
    Prussian EM15 Pickelhaube- updated photos.Prussian EM15 Pickelhaube- updated photos.Prussian EM15 Pickelhaube- updated photos.Prussian EM15 Pickelhaube- updated photos.Prussian EM15 Pickelhaube- updated photos.Prussian EM15 Pickelhaube- updated photos.Prussian EM15 Pickelhaube- updated photos.Prussian EM15 Pickelhaube- updated photos.Prussian EM15 Pickelhaube- updated photos.Prussian EM15 Pickelhaube- updated photos.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prussian EM15 Pickelhaube- updated photos.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Prussian EM15 Pickelhaube- updated photos.
    P
    Many

It's nice to see these with the chinstrap. Wonderful!

Thanks Paul!

Nice one Andy! these are ( have always been ) thin pickings over here .
    I had a wartime grey painted fittings one years back but it was so tiny ..... is the '56' tag the size?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thanks Dan! I think that might just be an inventory/catalogue sticker or auction sticker applied post WW1. Doesn’t have a period look.

I’ve also got a little felt Ersatz haube with grey painted hardware. Will do a post on it soon. Have seen a felt Ersatz with black painted fittings. Quite rare but amazing to see.
    Andy
    Prussian EM15 Pickelhaube- updated photos.

?

Wow!!
    That's a nice set of Haube's you got there!
    That has a very nice looking liner. Very Clean.
    So is this the other one you referred to owning when you posted the Haube that had that same alligator skin look to it?

That Felt is a Beauty!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Do the spikes come off these ones?
    ( and yes, the felt is amazing!! )
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thanks Phil! This one is one that I’ve had a few years but was looking at one with that rough texture (alligator skin look) that I wasn’t sure about. I think it might be age related. I’m still look at buying that other one but seeking advice first.

Andy

Dan, yes they unscrew but I haven’t tried. The small latch at the top of the rear spine is an air vent than can be opened but again it’s pretty stiff so I haven’t tried too hard.
    Andy