Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

A question of identit.

Article about: A few weeks ago member Witt posted a couple of portraits of an Imperial German soldier with both images appearing to be of the same soldier. I recently purchased three post cards and now rai

Default A question of identit.

A question of identity.

A few weeks ago member Witt posted a couple of portraits of an Imperial German soldier with both images appearing to be of the same soldier. I recently purchased three post cards and now raise the same question. These were all purchased from the same dealer and appear to show a young Imperial German soldier during various stages of the Great War.

In all of the images, the soldier appears to have the same ears, lips, cleft chin and eyes. Unfortunately, there wasn’t any writing or stamps on the reverse side.
    Andy
    A question of identit.A question of identit.A question of identit.A question of identit.A question of identit.A question of identit.

Hello Andy.

For me there is no doubt. The boy's left ear is unmistakable. Three photographs of the same soldier...

How skinny he looks in the second image.... The war rations shouldn't have been very abundant....

Regards
    Santi

?

Such a pity that the set was broken up. A nasty little trick employed by many a dealer, in the hope that collectors will bid high to keep the items together.

Agree, Bob.

More than once I have paid for some photos more than their value to avoid, precisely, that those of the same man were separated....

Regards
    Santi

Hello Santi, yes I totally agree. People would have weighed a lot less during the period because of the regular diet, but as can be seen, the war time rations certainly had quite a noticeable effect on the general appearance of people.

Andy

From memory, what I paid was not so significant. I think perhaps the dealer didn’t see the significance as such.

Andy

It certainly looks like the same guy.
    It's a shame to see groups split up.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

And I wonder what became of him……?

He wears a EK2 single ribbon bar (2nd photo)... who knows? May be survived...