Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Regimental Pipe

Article about: Gentlemen, not sure where to put this. I think it is a company commemorating pipe but cannot make out what the different abbreviations are. Pictures are the best I can do on a curved surface

Default Regimental Pipe

Gentlemen, not sure where to put this. I think it is a company commemorating pipe but cannot make out what the different abbreviations are. Pictures are the best I can do on a curved surface. Hope someone can help with this one, it's a very made pipe, I think hand painted with a pickelhaube on top. I think it is the 5th Company of the Fusiliers in Wiesbaden. If it is not in the right place please move it.
    Thanks in advance.
    Regimental PipeRegimental PipeRegimental PipeRegimental PipeRegimental PipeRegimental PipeRegimental Pipe

Basically, it translates "Long live the Regiment proudly named "von Gersdorff" ...

MAP
    ?

Looks like a superb example. Has it been used?

Do you have to pipe to go with it? Or just the bowl?

And yes, no worries, it's in the correct section of the forum
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yes, it does look very nice. Would love to see some photos of the entire pipe.

Thanks Gentlemen! Does anyone know the Regiment that is one the pipe? I can see it was Fusiliers but not sure what the No 80 means. Here are pictures of the entire pipe.
    This is the first pipe I have ever had in my collection and think is it a good one.
    Regimental PipeRegimental Pipe

MAP
    ?

Nice. I like these shorter pipe stems. Much easier to display. I have one short on like yours and one long one that I have to keep disassembled LoL
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I am trying to figure out how to display it? Any ideas? It has been used and you can still smell the tobacco! Hope someone can tell me what the unit was.
    Thanks

Something like this might be a good start in a direction to go > Vintage antique tobacco pipe displays

Pipe displays work well and works in small spaces.

The link posted is an ad only.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

It belongs to the Fusilier Regiment von Gerdsdorf (1st Kurhessisches) part of the 80th Infanterie Regiment, 21st Infanterie Division. The Hesse-kassel infantry regiment and were based at Wiesbaden, their nickname was the Summer Guards, they were formed in 1813. Nice one.

?

If you perform some research based on BlackCat1982's post, I am curious to know if the last names on the pipe of the group could be linked to any documentation that may be found, perhaps even a photo, that would be quite a conversation piece to display with the pipe...
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast