Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Relative in German WWI uniform. Any help identifying specifics welcome

Article about: Hello, I was organizing photos of family that moved from Germany in the 1910's and ran accross someone that might be related, but not in the photo album from pictures taken in Tenn. Hes wear

Tim6352
    ?

Default Relative in German WWI uniform. Any help identifying specifics welcome

Hello,
    I was organizing photos of family that moved from Germany in the 1910's and ran accross someone that might be related, but not in the photo album from pictures taken in Tenn. Hes wearing what looks like a German WWI infantry outfit with the helmet sitting on a table and hes holding a cigar. Where is the best place to put this photo for critique and information regarding details? Thank you. Tim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relative in German WWI uniform. Any help identifying specifics welcome   Relative in German WWI uniform. Any help identifying specifics welcome  

Quote by Tim6352 View Post
    Where is the best place to put this photo for critique and information regarding details?
    It should be posted in the Imperial Germany / Austria-Hungary sub-forum:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...ustro-hungary/

Just wait a while; I'm sure one of the moderators will move this thread for you.

Tim6352
    ?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    It should be posted in the Imperial Germany / Austria-Hungary sub-forum:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...ustro-hungary/

Just wait a while; I'm sure one of the moderators will move this thread for you.

Thank you.

?

This is an easy one, he is a member of; Badisches Leib-Grenadier-Regt. Nr.109 (Karlsruhe) XIV Armee Korps. He is a grenadier indicated by the white Haarbusch (parade plume) and White Litzen (lace) on his collar and cuffs, helmet plate is Baden with Garde star, he has Swedish cuffs and white shoulder straps. Plus the photo was taken in Karlsruhe.
    Great photo.

tjm7386
    ?

Quote by aicusv View Post
    This is an easy one, he is a member of; Badisches Leib-Grenadier-Regt. Nr.109 (Karlsruhe) XIV Armee Korps. He is a grenadier indicated by the white Haarbusch (parade plume) and White Litzen (lace) on his collar and cuffs, helmet plate is Baden with Garde star, he has Swedish cuffs and white shoulder straps. Plus the photo was taken in Karlsruhe.
    Great photo.
    Thats all well and good but what brand of cigar is he working on? Seriously, a world of thanks. The closest resemblance of the uniform led me to Grenadier Regt. 109.
    Offizierhelm 109-Parade.docxt clearly? Nice work.

tjm7386
    ?

180px-Postkarte-LGR109-von-1903.jpg

Corrected format for Offizierhelm 109-Parade pic.