Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

small imperial battle flag

Article about: Dear all, I recently got this small imperial Reichskriegsflagge. The size is 55 x 35 cm. Could anyone determine if it is an authentic piece and from which period (pre ww1, ww1 or later). If

?

Default small imperial battle flag

Dear all,

I recently got this small imperial Reichskriegsflagge. The size is 55 x 35 cm (22" x 14"). Could anyone determine if it is an authentic piece and from which period (pre ww1, ww1 or later). If it is old, what would have been the purpose of such a small flag?

Would be great if anyone has some ideas about that piece.

Cheers
    Andreas

Last edited by Hengis; 08-17-2020 at 02:15 PM.

I am no expert at all on flags but I like this one.
    The detail is very good and the material and overall quality
    seem to match a small pennant That I have that others have told me is original.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

MAP
    ?

More of a query for others as I don't pretend to know much about these. But why is the rope so nice and clean where the rest of the flag is worn out? The blue, gold and red colors in the eagle are quite vibrant as well.

If original, a great flag. Perfect small size for a display!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks for your replies, Gentlemen!

Concerning the rope it appears brighter on the images than it actually is. It also shows traces of worn where it was attached. But still, its condition (as it also is from the surrounding cloth) is indeed better than the "main flag". I would like to add two observations to this:
    - the cloth that attaches the rope to the flag is a bit to short - maybe it was attached to the flag later
    - we do not know what happened to the flag during (if it is authentic) its original use and afterwards. E.g. I thing that the dark stains are quiet late because it seems that they are also on the patch.

@ Chopperman: Would you post an image of your pennant?

Best regards
    Andreas

Hi Andreas.
    I'm not an expert, but agree with Greg's opinion.
    Really looks nice for me.
    Great stuff.
    Santi

CBH
    ?

Photos in natural light might help.

?

Thanks for the further replies!
    I only have the attached good quality daylight photo on my notebook. Hope it helps. I am back home on Saturday and can do more / better photos in natural light. But in reality the flag appears more "dark" / yellowed as in image #4 and 5.

Best regards
    Andreas

I think we can all agree the small flag is old, but it does look to my eye that some restoration work has been done, with more recent canvas edge with cord attachment. The flag has bowed in at that end as well, where it's been sown.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    I think we can all agree the small flag is old, but it does look to my eye that some restoration work has been done, with more recent canvas edge with cord attachment. The flag has bowed in at that end as well, where it's been sown.
    I agree with the above .

Here is my pennant. This is the only pictures I have right now. The one was done in my scanner
    so the colors did come out right, Way to much contrast. The other picture has truer colors but
    of coarse is not close enough for this conversation.

You will obviously notice a big difference in the eagle but that is because mine is so much smaller
    than yours. Mine is roughly 7" by 9.5". But the material texture and printing look very similar.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture small imperial battle flag   small imperial battle flag  

gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

CBH
    ?

A burn test on the cordage might tell the tale.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast