Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Soldier made trench knife

Article about: I've collected many of the traditional trench knives, but this one caught my eye. Well made, heavy handle of, aluminum? Feels great in the hand with the tapered handle. I would like to hear

?

Default Soldier made trench knife

I've collected many of the traditional trench knives. Although not your standard issue, this one caught my eye. Well made, heavy handle of, aluminum? Feels great in the hand with the tapered handle. I would like to hear you guy's opinion, as I'm not as familiar with the improvised imperial blades. I received from the Riga area. Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soldier made trench knife   Soldier made trench knife  

Soldier made trench knife   Soldier made trench knife  

Soldier made trench knife   Soldier made trench knife  

Soldier made trench knife  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soldier made trench knife
    P
    Many

The only thing recognisable to me is the guard.
    Scabbard is not WW I typical.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

CBH
    ?

Nice trench knife, it certainly doesn't look like a fake, the detail is to nice.
    Looks like a cut down or custom sheath.

?

Nice looking knife.
    I would expect to see more corrosion between the copper and aluminum for being that age.
    Those 2 metals do not play well with each other.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Thanks guys! As far as corrosion that can be cleaned, and I don't see an issue with that in hand.

Can you post some better photos of the blade.
    I do not see the typical grind lines that I would expect to see on a German trench knife.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I will try to get better blade pics, but as I said this is a soldier made trench knife and one shouldn't expect to see the normal factory blade striations.

An interesting "trench art" knife. Looks authentic to me.

Quote by Rick19 View Post
    I will try to get better blade pics, but as I said this is a soldier made trench knife and one shouldn't expect to see the normal factory blade striations.
    As it has a factory made guard, I would not say that it was "made" by a soldier. Assembled, or modified, may be the correct term.
    Since it has a factory made guard, I thought it may have started with a factory made blade.
    I am not talking about the "striations, I am talking about the grind lines of the blade.
    Ralph.