Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Splosh camo on WW1 german helmet - Original??

Article about: Hi everyone, I know it is hard to tell. But what do you think on first impression. Two things worry me. First the single yellow dot on the top and secondly why was the inside painted black.

Default Splosh camo on WW1 german helmet - Original??

Hi everyone,

I know it is hard to tell. But what do you think on first impression. Two things worry me. First the single yellow dot on the top and secondly why was the inside painted black.

Could this be authentic or not. What do you think??

Cheers Paul

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Splosh camo on WW1 german helmet - Original??
    P
    Many

By the picture quality it looks like it may have been painted black post war and someone tried to remove the black paint to reveal its original paint underneath, as for the brown some spots look like rust and others look like paint, better pictures would be helpful.

You're right. I'll try to get better pictures.

Thx Paul

Hi Paul,

I couldn’t enlarge the pics but this one was recently discussed on another forum. As TheGoon rightly said, this one has been painted black at some point. On top of that, the paint that is on the shell lacks the age and patina of something that was supposed to have been painted over 100 years ago. You would normally expect to see more remnants of original feldgrau but this appears to be mostly painted over an old patinated shell. Very much messed with paint and not one that I would pursue.

Here are some better closeups.

Andy
    Splosh camo on WW1 german helmet - Original??Splosh camo on WW1 german helmet - Original??Splosh camo on WW1 german helmet - Original??Splosh camo on WW1 german helmet - Original??

Looks exactly like the same helmet. Interresting that you found it.It looks like there is another camo pattern under the top camo. With yellow and bright green. The helmet was sold a few weeks ago but ended up at the seller again. I wonder why. I got a reply from the seller that he wasn't able to sent in detailed pictures and that I shouldn't be so skeptic as he sold many good camo helmets before. And I have seen some great helmet for sale by this seller to be honest. But I'm happy with your information. A no go for me.

Cheers Paul