Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Suspicious m18 cut out helmet

Article about: Hi guys,I recently found this m18 cut out helmet, but I'm not sure if it is original. The liner seems legit, but the helmet shape is strange. Can someone help me?

Default Suspicious m18 cut out helmet

Hi guys,I recently found this m18 cut out helmet, but I'm not sure if it is original.

The liner seems legit, but the helmet shape is strange.

Can someone help me?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Suspicious m18 cut out helmet
    P
    Many

The helmet shape is an M18 cutout shape like you said...

So, do you think it's original? I know what an m18 cut out is, but as I already said the shape of this one is a little different compared to the others. But maybe it is just a factory error. I have seen a lot of m18s with different shapes.

Hello Odraodez,

In my opinion this is not an original ECO. These are heavily faked and camoed ECO’s are EXTREMELY rare! The shape of the curves along the edges of the shell are all wrong when compared with original examples. Camo looks bad too, at least from these images. Sometimes fakes have been created by messing with an original regular WW1 German steel helmet. With that in mind, are there any manufacturer stamps inside the shell? Should be located on the left hand side inside the helmet skirt.

Andy

Unfortunately I don't see any stamps

Quote by Odraodez View Post
    Unfortunately I don't see any stamps
    These were only made in size 64 by ET, so there should be an stamps inside the shell. The easiest way to see the the issues is to compare yours with an original example. There is an example of an original in the post by helmet2id here: M18 ECO- Repaired Pick Axe Damage

Mine is very different, the brim, the cut and the horns aren't similar. So, do you think it's a fake?

MAP
    ?

Quote by Odraodez View Post
    Mine is very different, the brim, the cut and the horns aren't similar. So, do you think it's a fake?
    Yes. One look fake. Shell and camo IMHO.

But you made it easy by taking the correct angled photos. Thanks!

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yes, as I said in my original post, not an original nail ECO.

I always try to give a little context to my summations other than ‘one look fake’. Helps others to learn and is all in the spirit of the hobby.
    Last edited by AndyM35; 12-31-2020 at 03:46 PM.

Guess there’ll be no thanks for the replies. Another quick shoot and run post.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast