Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Trench Art WWI German Photo

Article about: Hi everyone hope all is well. I went to a antique walk today with no expectations and ended up with this picture. Thought it was neat and the price was low so I picked it up. Figured I'd sha

Default Trench Art WWI German Photo

Hi everyone hope all is well. I went to a antique walk today with no expectations and ended up with this picture. Thought it was neat and the price was low so I picked it up. Figured I'd share it here!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Trench Art WWI German Photo   Trench Art WWI German Photo  

I like the way they used copper driving bands.

Cheers,
    Steve

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    I like the way they used copper driving bands.

Cheers,
    Steve
    Thank you! It certainly made for a killer frame.

Nice war souvenir.

Two of the soldiers in the photo (the two with the walking sticks) are probably war invalids.

Trench Art WWI German Photo

Reibert I'm surprised I didn't notice that at first. It does look like the soldier sitting on the left is missing the lower half of one of his legs.

Very cool picture.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Nice photo and frame.

I wonder if there will be something written on the back of the photo. But it will not be possible to know without disassembling the frame, pity.

Regards
    Santi

Great pickup!

MAP
    ?

Uber cool
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Very cool photo. First thing I noticed was the kriegsversehrter sitting on the left whose lost half a leg. Such a terrible state for the men maimed and disfigured in such a war as came in the Great War. The others looks distant after years in the trenches while the earth shook under raining artillery. The man in the top right has an especially profound facial expression to such memories.