Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Various unknown possibly Imperial stuff

Article about: Hi guys, can any of you identify these bits and pieces of things? I only have vague ideas of what they are since Imperial Germany isn't really my field. The wings are certainly American but

Default Various unknown possibly Imperial stuff

Hi guys, can any of you identify these bits and pieces of things? I only have vague ideas of what they are since Imperial Germany isn't really my field.

The wings are certainly American but I don't know what they are for exactly.
    The Salzburg patch is most likely post WWI.
    Is the 25-year service medal WWI issue?
    I'm pretty sure that ribbon has something to do with Bavaria.
    I have no idea about the rest.

Thanks for all your help,
    Mo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Various unknown possibly Imperial stuff   Various unknown possibly Imperial stuff  

Various unknown possibly Imperial stuff   Various unknown possibly Imperial stuff  

Various unknown possibly Imperial stuff   Various unknown possibly Imperial stuff  

Default Re: Various unknown possibly Imperial stuff

The WW2 US wings are for a bomb aimer.

Cheers, Ade.

The badge with the crown-sword-and-scroll device and the ribbon is indeed Bavarian; it is from a veterans association from the town of Neumarkt-St. Veit by the river Rott in Upper Bavaria.

The oval medal with the helmet design on the obverse and the text "FÜR 25 JÄHRIGE DIENSTZEIT" is also Bavarian; it's the Feuerwehr-Ehrenzeichen für 25jährige Dienstzeit (Fire Brigade Decoration for 25 Years of Service).
    See: BAVARIA. Fire Brigade Decoration for 25 years

The cross with the crown and swords seen in the first and third picture is, again, Bavarian: This one is the Militär-Verdienstkreuz III. Klasse mit Krone und Schwertern (Cross of Military Merit, 3rd Class with Crown and Swords)
    See: BAVARIA. Military Merit Cross, III class with Crown and Swords, on combatant

The U.S. aviation wings are actually not for bombardiers; this is the Aerial Gunner Badge authorized in 1943.
    See: United States Army Air Force - Aerial Gunner
    (The Bombardier wings were similiar: United States Army Air Force - Bombardier )

The Salzburg badge looks post-war; no idea on its actual use.

Sorry; don't know anything about the other three items.

Sorry my mistake ! You are of course correct.

Cheers, Ade.

Wow, thanks for all of the info guys.

I'm not usually one to ask about values, but I am helping out the owner with identifying a massive collection that she is looking to sell. These are the pieces I could not identify. Do you know how much each one is approximately worth?

Thanks,
    Mo

The Aerial Gunner wings were made from 'Orber Co.' dies.
    These were then sold or shared with other manufacturers,
    and the 'Orber' name obliterated...........

They average $100 to $150.
    Regards,

Steve.

The Bavarian Feuerwehr 25-year Service medal and the BavMVK3XmKr are not uncommon medals and go for about $60-$75 each,.