Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What medal is this?

Article about: Below are two photos of a medal I cannot find any info on. A dealer I visited awhile back has one (not pictured) & at the time I was not in the market for any WWI items so I did not ask

Default What medal is this?

Below are two photos of a medal I cannot find any info on. A dealer I visited awhile back has one (not pictured) & at the time I was not in the market for any WWI items so I did not ask the dealer what it was. The only word I saw associated w/ this medal in my online search was "Sturmtrupp". Any info would be greatly appreciated!
    What medal is this?
    What medal is this?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What medal is this?
    P
    Many

?

I believe it is suppose to be associated with "Wehrewolf".. JMO..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

The Sturmtrupp Disivion Skull Medal

Quote by TABSTABS1964 View Post
    The Sturmtrupp Disivion Skull Medal
    So I assume this is a relatively rare medal considering it is a division level medal?

I am not at all an expert on the subject. But I have seen this medal only two or three times.
    I hope that some of the experts see the thread soon and clarify our doubts.

Quote by TABSTABS1964 View Post
    I am not at all an expert on the subject. But I have seen this medal only two or three times.
    I hope that some of the experts see the thread soon and clarify our doubts.
    I am going to make the trip to that dealer's shop & see if he still has it. It's a 3 hour trip but I want to add it to my collection based on the "cool factor" of the design alone.

Hopefully, we can get some detailed info from other members here. Thanks for your help, much appreciated!

I'd wait for further information before committing to a purchase. Better photographs are needed, and someone may come along soon who knows a bit more about these medals. (No offence meant to those who have already posted, of course!)

With the photos provided, I'm not one hundred percent sure the ribbon is authentic. To my eyes, it appears to have the weave and edges of a modern reproduction. Close-up photographs would help immensely.

Regards, B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    I'd wait for further information before committing to a purchase. Better photographs are needed, and someone may come along soon who knows a bit more about these medals. (No offence meant to those who have already posted, of course!)

With the photos provided, I'm not one hundred percent sure the ribbon is authentic. To my eyes, it appears to have the weave and edges of a modern reproduction. Close-up photographs would help immensely.

Regards, B.B.
    As stated previously, the photos I have posted are -NOT- of the medal at the brick & mortar dealer I go to. The photos I posted are from an internet search. Once I get to the dealer's shop I'll take photos of the actual medal & wait for opinions.

Everyone should know by now that I'm not afraid to post photos of items before I buy haha

PM sent
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

The ribbon colors look like the WW1 EK2 ribbon. But its hard to tell due to resolution of the pic and can't enlarge.
    Well if it was I'm sure Greg would have mentioned that....
    Neat looking medal. I can't wait to see pics of the one at the shop.

Semper Fi
    Phil