Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Ww1 beer stein/krug

Article about: Hello, I’m looking for some information about this german WW1 beer serin/krug. Thanks Best regards

?

Default Ww1 beer stein/krug

Hello,
    I’m looking for some information about this german WW1 beer stein/krug.
    Thanks
    Best regards

Ww1 beer stein/krug
    Ww1 beer stein/krug
    Ww1 beer stein/krug
    Ww1 beer stein/krug

MAP
    ?

Interesting. I've never seen one like this. For pre-war items, I've only ever seen the more typical fancy regimental steins with pewter tops.

Also interesting is why they crossed off the 1/2 Liter size and replaced it with a 9/20th Liter size marking.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Hello Map
    Yes exactly, I’m in the same position than you… in fact these two points made me feel curious, but tbh I can not read what is written between the « Dragoner » and « 3. Eskadron », is it a city’s name ? Or a soldier name ? The monogram with the 6 might be the initials of the german soldier, so it should be a personnalized stein, not a « patriotic » stein as seen often.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Tony44 View Post
    Hello Map
    Yes exactly, I’m in the same position than you… in fact these two points made me feel curious, but tbh I can not read what is written between the « Dragoner » and « 3. Eskadron », is it a city’s name ? Or a soldier name ? The monogram with the 6 might be the initials of the german soldier, so it should be a personnalized stein, not a « patriotic » stein as seen often.
    Typically these steins will list the name of the reservist, but in this case it appears, as you note to give a city, which if I am spelling it correctly reads "Jestadt" which is located in Hesse. The monogram may be the initials too as you note.

I'm not saying this is bad, but I've never seen one before. So I am a bit hesitant to give a view one way or the other. It's just totally different than anything I've encountered before. There isn't even an example of this "style" in my old Regimental Steins reference book.

Post WW1, and prior to the start of WW2, these regimental steins shifted to a style more similar to what you have. (i.e. more "mug" and less "Stein")

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thank you again , maybe we will have further information after some researchers about dragoner and Jestadt ?

Yes it’s very special, I asked the last owner which is not a collector, he thinks that this stain belonged to is father who was a French soldier, he eventually brought it back when he was a prisonner in Germany in 1940, it has always been in their familly though.

?

Hello
    I had another answer : it seems that it’s a reservist stein from ww1. It is more simple than the Pre-ww1 porcelain steins cause of material cost and economic crisis. The monogram MR stands for the regiment « Magd. Regiment . 6-Dragoner ». Based at Mainz (1905) . Jestadt is the soldier’s name.

Best regards

MAP
    ?

Glad you were able to find out more about it.