Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 flare? shell case Georg Roth Wien 1916 marked

Article about: I found it at flea market. It was intresting because of the date 1916. Price was very low so i went for it. From my research i foud out the name of the maker wich is Georg Roth Wien. I could

Default WW1 flare? shell case Georg Roth Wien 1916 marked

I found it at flea market. It was intresting because of the date 1916. Price was very low so i went for it. From my research i foud out the name of the maker wich is Georg Roth Wien. I couldn't find any thing like this. From what i can see in hand it wasn't shortened, edges of it are smooth and qonsistent in shape and on the picture you can see something like this.
    |
    /
    |_

It is so big that i thought it's for flare. But I couldn't find how they look online. So maybe You can tell me what it is for sure. For me it's from german or austrian flare gun. Thank you in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 flare? shell case      Georg Roth Wien 1916 marked   WW1 flare? shell case      Georg Roth Wien 1916 marked  

Last edited by Portier0; 01-06-2019 at 07:48 PM.

I am sorry i posted it in wrong section and forgot measurement. 5,8 cm high 4,3cm in diameter

GR = George Roth & Co., Austria. The letters "GR usually appear in trademark-style, with the letters intertwined

Thank you.