Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

ww1 German boatswain's whistle?

Article about: is this a ww1 German boatswain's whistle? when i bought it it was listed as a ww1 US boatswain's whistle. i thought no because of the crown so i thought British. the British ones have a arro

Default ww1 German boatswain's whistle?

is this a ww1 German boatswain's whistle? when i bought it it was listed as a ww1 US boatswain's whistle. i thought no because of the crown so i thought British. the British ones have a arrow mark. looking i seen one that said it was ww1 German this made sense to me because i have ww1 German rail way badges with a crown and the butcher blade has the crown. if this is not ww1 German any ideal what it is?
    ww1 German boatswain's whistle?

Quick search confirms it is, yes. Link: A German Imperial Bosun's Whistle (Boatswain's Pipe)

Nice piece, Best regards

Quote by Sharky8670 View Post
    Quick search confirms it is, yes. Link: A German Imperial Bosun's Whistle (Boatswain's Pipe)

Nice piece, Best regards
    I would not rely on E-medals as a reference for authenticity.
    They have sold fakes in the past, and you could likely find some items that are fake, or mis-described on their site right now.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I think it’s earlier than WW1, the design and execution is more reminiscent of the Victorian Era, 1820-1914. My guess is comes from the Prussian Navy, probably after 1871. Dwight