Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

ww1 germen gasmask need some help

Article about: ok need help on this , now i know a bit about ww1 gasmasks but not this sort . is it the rare type , or post war one used . now the thing is i paid £ 150 , and i know that there is no valua

Default ww1 germen gasmask need some help

Attachment 1493079Attachment 1493080Attachment 1493081

ok need help on this , now i know a bit about ww1 gasmasks but not this sort . is it the rare type , or post war one used . now the thing is i paid £ 150 , and i know that there is no valuation on hear so bargain or very good bargain
    or bad big help thanks as always ww1 and ww2 items are investments , , so help needed thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ww1 germen gasmask  need some help
    P
    Many

Looks like a Model 17 Ledermaske but no leather. No spider protection behind the glass. Glass mount is different than WW 1 examples. Definitive not a 1915 Gummimask. Filter is 1918, but these were used by the Reichswehr after the war. Are there no markings what so ever?

I honestly don't know. Never seen one this before. I hope someone with expertise on gas masks can give you a better answer.

But I like the mask. It looks good.

Cheers Paul

Couldn't help myself and did some investigation. These are the results that

I think this gas mask was made for the Belgian army in 1918, it is composed by a German Lederschutzmasken, it was equipped with a French filter and a French storage case. These are sometimes referred to incorrectly as ARS gas mask, as this is mentioned in the instructions on the tube. Official name is respirator model in 1918.
    End 1917, the French army had captured a depot of the German army, they found herein 18 000 pieces gas masks, these were shipped to England, and there converted to this end result.

But I still see some differences. Yours is not made from doggie leather but canvas like the later WW2 german examples. And still no spider glass.

This is the closest I found so far. I wonder if the filter original came with this mask.

ww1 germen gasmask  need some help

Cheers Paul

thank you for the time to look in to this , just shows that all is not what it is , on first glance
    i hope that others learn from this ,posted , big thank you ,