Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ww1 Grenades and fuses, my small collection.

Article about: Hello from New Zealand. As I really enjoy looking at the amazing collections you guy's have I thought I would put up my own humble lot of ww1 grenades and fuses to share. Please if anyone ha

Default Ww1 Grenades and fuses, my small collection.

Hello from New Zealand.

As I really enjoy looking at the amazing collections you guy's have I thought I would put up my own humble lot of ww1 grenades and fuses to share.

Please if anyone has any info on the maker marks on the brass fuses that would be great to.

And yes a French one did sneak in the line up...and those are egg cups.

They don't grow on trees in this part of the world, and customs don't like them much either.

Cheers
    Corey
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww1 Grenades and fuses,  my small collection.   Ww1 Grenades and fuses,  my small collection.  

Ww1 Grenades and fuses,  my small collection.   Ww1 Grenades and fuses,  my small collection.  

Ww1 Grenades and fuses,  my small collection.   Ww1 Grenades and fuses,  my small collection.  

?

Pretty cool mate. Well done on getting all of them in New Zealand!

Very nice, thanks for showing.

Cheers,
    Steve

Very nice collection
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

WOW!! and in NZ.

Nice, one is missing, the turtle one.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

This one :

Ww1 Grenades and fuses,  my small collection.

The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

Hello in WW1 the F1 have a different fuze.
    F1 & fuzes
    The fuze on your..is from WW2.

CBH
    ?

Nice use of eggcups in the display , great group.

Hello Lokvar

Everything I have read states this as being a 1916 design hence its name.

M1916 Billant fuse

This grenade and type of fuse is also described as being supplied to and favored by US troops in 1917.
    They specifically talk if how it is favored over the previous percussion fuses.
    (I feel it is safe to say the F1 with the 1917 automatic fuse was the grenade of the Doughboy.)

A great read!

Trenches on the Web - Special: US Defensive Grenades in WWI

I have also read this fuse was used after ww1 but was of different internal design early ww2.

Model 1916 B Billant automatic ignition plug.

Originally, the F1 was designed to use a lighter-based ignition system, but later it began using a percussion cap fuse. Designs such as the M1916 and M1917 Billant fuses turned the F1 into a time-fused grenade, which was the grenade's final ignition system. By World War II, the F1 used the M1935 fuse, which is a time-based fuse, but it differs from the M1916 Billant fuse internally.

F1 grenade (France) - Wikipedia
    This modern igniter, externally pretty similar to the famous 'Mills' grenades igniter, was triggered by removing the safety pin that forbid the lever movements, then launching the grenade. As soon as the latter left the launcher palm, the lever rotated upside under a spring action and triggered the firing of two starters hit by the branches of a spring, igniting the 5 seconds wick.
    From the beginning of 1916, and equipped with this latter ignition plug (quite rare since it needed fine steel thin plates for its making), this grenade became the most common used one by the French soldier for the rest of the war. It was continuously used until 1940.

Passion & Compassion 1914-1918 : WW1 militaria and technical documentation - french grenades

Please let me know more info that says otherwise.

Cheers
    Corey (some people call me Jack)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast