Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 Imperial German Postcards

Article about: Following on from MG1918’s post of WW1 Imperial Postcards here is my only example. I would like to collect more as time and \\$\\$ permit. If anyone can decipher any of the handwriting it woul

Default WW1 Imperial German Postcards

Following on from MG1918’s post of WW1 Imperial Postcards here is my only example. I would like to collect more as time and $$ permit. If anyone can decipher any of the handwriting it would be greatly appreciated.

In the last photo is one of my Imperial M17 Lederschutzmaske.

Andy

WW1 Imperial German PostcardsWW1 Imperial German PostcardsWW1 Imperial German Postcards

I sadly can't help with the deciphering but I like the postcard. Are the soldiers clearly visible or are they blurry?
    I too have a collection of imperial German/Prussian postcards, so if there's an expert on old German handwriting out there then I've got a few cards for them to look at as well.

Perhaps a little blurred I think. I will have another look when I get home. I like these cards as they are very personal and sometimes can be researched.
    Andy

MAP
    ?

"A Saxon battalion equipped with helmets ". But can't read the hand writing. Sorry

A great postcard though. I like it!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Indeed Grenadierie Regiment 101 was conceived on 30th April 1670 and ceased to exist in 1919!

It would be good to read the name, but I cannot. Can say that there are over 22000 casualty records for this unit during WW1. It was based in Dresden. I wonder how many in your picture made it home in 1918?

It starts with "Liebes Albert".
    And was send to Albert Fisker in 1916.
    The guy is a soldier in a infantry company.
    That is as far as I get....
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

I would say that Albert Fisker does seem to have come through unscathed as I did not find him among the casualties/wounded/missing.

Thanks for all the comments guys. I will try to take some better photos of it to post up. The fact that helmets are mentioned makes me wonder if they are wearing M16 square dips and it appears that way from some of the shells.

Andy

MAP
    ?

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    Thanks for all the comments guys. I will try to take some better photos of it to post up. The fact that helmets are mentioned makes me wonder if they are wearing M16 square dips and it appears that way from some of the shells.

Andy
    I see one example that may look like a square dip. The rest are too hard to tell. But agree, this almost looks like a propaganda type photo showcasing the new helmets.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)