Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WWI American Anti-Iron Cross' Propaganda Articles.

Article about: Greetings all, These articles date from 1918. Their papers' names & dates will appear when you hover your icon over the images. Njoy, V/r Lance Double click images to enlarge.

Default WWI American Anti-Iron Cross' Propaganda Articles.

Greetings all,

These articles date from 1918. Their papers' names & dates will appear when you hover your icon over the images.

Njoy,

V/r Lance

Double click images to enlarge.

WWI American Anti-Iron Cross' Propaganda Articles.WWI American Anti-Iron Cross' Propaganda Articles.WWI American Anti-Iron Cross' Propaganda Articles.WWI American Anti-Iron Cross' Propaganda Articles.WWI American Anti-Iron Cross' Propaganda Articles.WWI American Anti-Iron Cross' Propaganda Articles.WWI American Anti-Iron Cross' Propaganda Articles.WWI American Anti-Iron Cross' Propaganda Articles.WWI American Anti-Iron Cross' Propaganda Articles.WWI American Anti-Iron Cross' Propaganda Articles.WWI American Anti-Iron Cross' Propaganda Articles.WWI American Anti-Iron Cross' Propaganda Articles.WWI American Anti-Iron Cross' Propaganda Articles.WWI American Anti-Iron Cross' Propaganda Articles.WWI American Anti-Iron Cross' Propaganda Articles.WWI American Anti-Iron Cross' Propaganda Articles.WWI American Anti-Iron Cross' Propaganda Articles.WWI American Anti-Iron Cross' Propaganda Articles.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWI American Anti-Iron Cross' Propaganda Articles.
    P
    Many

?

Definitely not the time to have an EK in your possession.

I loved the "bestowed by Kaiser Bill" statement.

Thank you Lance. Very interesting to see the mind set at that time in our country.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks, Lance. These are really interesting.
    It's patriotism and propaganda at it's height. At the same time this was happening in the US,
    German is producing hat pins, broaches, picture frames , memorial cards, ect all with the Iron
    Cross in support of their brave young men.

Just 10 years later, attitudes have changed. Case in point--
    Here is a bobble given out by a Chicago bank to German customers who sent money
    home to Germany.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI American Anti-Iron Cross' Propaganda Articles.  
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

The inscription in the bottom of the box says ----
    "In Memory of the Great war and your loyalty to the old country"
    gregM

myself around.

Nice piece, Greg!

Incredible one of a kind item..I have never seen before Greg !..and equally incredible is the one of a kind box included.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Lance,

I thank you as well for posting your articles. Very interesting to say the least.

Greg,

What a beautiful find! I too, was unaware of such items and thank you for sharing it.

Joel

Default Could it be Pre-US' involvement in WWI?

[QUOTE=Just 10 years later, attitudes have changed. Case in point--
    Here is a bobble given out by a Chicago bank to German customers who sent money
    home to Germany.[/QUOTE]

Greetings Greg,

A quick question, can you view the date on the box/parcel when the Iron Cross you posted was mailed? I ask, because I wanted to see if I could find an advertisement in the period newspapers where it may have be advertised. The closest source I could find was an odd/cryptic 1915 article posted below.

Double click to enlarge image.

Then I came across this advert (below) where the same company, which provided the Iron Cross was attempting to sell German, Austrian, and Hungarian War Bonds pre-US involvement. Not saying the discussed Iron Cross "must be" of pre-WWI (for the US) origin, but while I did find plenty of post-WWI adverts for the Wollenberger & Co. (they went under in 1933... a bit of an embezzlement's issue) there was nothing indicating these Iron Cross paperweights were being offered then either. My point being, (baring a nice clear post-WWI stamp's cancellation date) I am leaning towards this paperweight being a premium for buying/purchasing these offered pre-US-involvement foreign War Bonds. Yes, all circumstantial evidence, but a plausible theory. Again, if the box/parcel does not have a conclusive date on it. Thoughts?

Double click to enlarge image.

Best,

V/r Lance

P.S. The latter war bond's advert came from here Falvey Memorial Library :: World War I Pro-German Newspapers Published in America a pre-US-involvement pro-German Newspaper called The Fatherland, which was published in the US.

Lance,
    This piece is from "Wollenberger & Co." It's impossible to make out any date
    on the postal cancellation mark. However because the cross has the 1914 date
    on it and talks about "in memory of the great war" , this has to be post ww1.

I assume late 20s to 1933. I would think that late teens to early 20s would be
    to soon for them to get away with sending out iron crosses because of the anti-German
    sentiment like the examples that you posted above.

(I've blocked out the recipients name and address)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI American Anti-Iron Cross' Propaganda Articles.  
    Attached Images Attached Images WWI American Anti-Iron Cross' Propaganda Articles. 
    gregM

myself around.

MAP
    ?

To put a rough timeframe, the Washington/Franklin stamp design was made from 1908 to 1922. To me this looks like the Washington A140 3 cent design.

Identifier for US Washington/Franklin Stamps of 1908-1922

That doesn't mean the stamp could not be used post 1922 but it does give you a window.

IMHO, I would place this as early 20's. If these were mailed from a business, I would find it unlikely that they would be using old stocks of stamps into the later half of the 20's.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast