Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWI EK II Authentic or fake ?

Article about: Hello my favourite forum on the internet. Don't know much about these WWI pieces and need your help about it. Is this Eisernes Kreuz II. Klasse which has its ring broken real ? First of all

Default WWI EK II Authentic or fake ?

Hello my favourite forum on the internet. Don't know much about these WWI pieces and need your help about it. Is this Eisernes Kreuz II. Klasse which has its ring broken real ?
    First of all the core is magnetic and it appears to be 3-piece construction.
    Odd thing is the core is wobbling inside the outer pieces. Is that normal ?
    What is your opinion about it ? All opinions very much appreciated, thank you.

(These are the best pictures I could get with my cheap phone, sorry if they are not good enough.)

Eren.

WWI EK II Authentic or fake ? WWI EK II Authentic or fake ?

WWI EK II Authentic or fake ? WWI EK II Authentic or fake ?

This is where its ring supposed to be.

WWI EK II Authentic or fake ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWI EK II Authentic or fake ?
    P
    Many

It looks good to me. It's normal for the core to move a little inside the frame.

I don't know. I feel like something is not right about it.

I dont have much experience on these either, but my guts tell me its an original one - i might be prooven wrong though.

Yeah it looks original. Even if it's a copy, it's a good one. But as I said. Just can't be sure...

Nothing wrong with that cross other than the missing ring.
    It's an early cross as is evident by the sand cast core. With a little digging
    we might be able to narrow down a maker.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Now I am convinced. Thanks a lot sir. I found this in Turkey. So I think it has high probability of given to a Turkish soldier who fought in Dardanelles in the year 1915. Ofc we can't be sure about that since it can be just came from somewhere else. One question though: I don't know much about these medals. Is there any books or sources you can recommend to me? I really want to learn about WWI German medals and decorations. Even a thread in this forum might help a lot but couldn't find anything comprehensive enough. Thanks again sir. I am really grateful.

You are welcome.
    No need to call me sir, my name is Greg.

There is no single book that covers iron crosses and the rest of the Imperial German awards.
    I recommend "The Iron Time" by Stephen Thomas Previtera for Iron crosses. It is a great
    history of crosses (especially early 1813-1870) and some of the more notable people who
    earned them. I liked it a lot. It has some great history and some really great pictures.
    It does not go into detail about who made specific crosses, it is more of a over all history.

If you want a reference book showing crosses by maker, then I am told that this book is highly
    recommended. "The Iron Cross 1813-1870-1914" by Frank Wernitz.

Like all books, both of these are not 100% accurate.

Dietrich Maerz from B&D Publishing LLC has two really good books on 1939 crosses.

Personally, I have found that keeping up on a few different forums is a great way
    fore me to stay current with what's going on. Knowledge is constantly moving forward
    even after a book's publication date.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Thank you Greg. Thanks a lot!!! I guess it just takes time and experience. Since the fake militaria producers improving the quality and the similarity of they merch, I should study my lesson. The thing that scares me the most is after 25 to 30 years from now, we won't be able to distinguish the fakes from the originals. I hope we never see that kind of original fakes in the future.

Quote by erentukenmez98 View Post
    Thank you Greg. Thanks a lot!!! I guess it just takes time and experience. Since the fake militaria producers improving the quality and the similarity of they merch, I should study my lesson. The thing that scares me the most is after 25 to 30 years from now, we won't be able to distinguish the fakes from the originals. I hope we never see that kind of original fakes in the future.
    I can only suggest you study originals in the field you intend to collect.
    Once you learn the originals, you will never be caught out with a fake.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast