Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WWI German Battle Flag Fake?

Article about: Hi guys, I am looking for a nice WWI German flag to purchase. What do you think of this one? The material looks correct to me but some of the lines don't appear straight and the iron cross a

Default WWI German Battle Flag Fake?

Hi guys, I am looking for a nice WWI German flag to purchase. What do you think of this one? The material looks correct to me but some of the lines don't appear straight and the iron cross and eagle look like there was spray when they were put on. I would expect a nice crisp edge. Thoughts?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI German Battle Flag Fake?   WWI German Battle Flag Fake?  

WWI German Battle Flag Fake?   WWI German Battle Flag Fake?  

WWI German Battle Flag Fake?  

?

no expert but looks good to me

- - ------- - -

how much is this selling for if you dont mind me asking ?

It looks fine to me as well.
    A nice example.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you guys for the input. I was comparing it to one that was on the ruptured duck and had documentation. This one is not cheap, but does the "overspray" not concern you guys? Are you aware of how this part of the flag was originally constructed? Thank you

?

a friend of mine has 1 and it has a touch of overspray aswell and is deffo 100% genuine cant comment on how these where constructed but i have seen a lot of german flags have quite a few friends who collect ww2 nazi flags and all i can say is i have seen quite a few that are not perfect but are genuine, jmo but if i was after a ww1 imperial flag this 1 would do for me at the right price

MAP
    ?

I would think it is more "bleeding" than overspray. I have an original WW2 flag that has the same thing.

Edit: I'm not saying it is original. I don't study flags, just that I think it is bleeding.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

these ww1 flags are getting harder to find imo and for an original i can see the prices starting to rise over here in england i see a number of these flags been sold on a weekly basis in auction houses and i can say for sure not 1 of them are original and they still sell for 120 to 200 pounds laughable realy you will also see them on ebay on a weekly basis again most that i see on there are fake i did see 1 the other day which was original on there but was on buy it now for think it was $495

?

heres 1 that sold on fakebay the other day for 173 pounds 100% cotton lol feel bad for the person who bought it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI German Battle Flag Fake?   WWI German Battle Flag Fake?  

The one I posted is on eBay as well. Seems that everyone feels good about its authenticity. Are these flags made of cotton or wool usually? Thanks again.

?

Ive only had my hands on 1 original and it was wool cotton mix ide say fairly thick had my hands on a fake or to and there just cheep very thin cotton

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast