Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWI Tennies

Article about: My first post on Warrelics I just got these two Tennie in a local fleemarket. Beside they are German, can anybody tell me a little about them? Cheers Erik

Default WWI Tennies

My first post on Warrelics I just got these two Tennie in a local fleemarket. Beside they are German, can anybody tell me a little about them?

Cheers
    Erik
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI Tennies   WWI Tennies  

WWI Tennies  
    Attached Images Attached Images WWI Tennies 

Default Re: WWI Tennies

Hi Erik, welcome to the forum!

They are Patriotic items worn by people to show their support for the War.

The crossed flags, I think, show the National colours (Black, White, Red) along with those of the State of Braunschweig (Blue & Yellow).

Cheers, Ade.

euro19723, these are indeed patriotic stickpins, however they are to celebrate the alliance of Kaiser Wilhelm II's Germany and Emperor Franz Joseph's Austria-Hungary (the main states of the central powers), the twin flags show their respective flags, infact the Austro-Hungarian empire was known as the 'black and yellow monarchy'....the second pin shows profiles of both Emperors, and on the reverse the popular Germanic cry of 'God with us', the second stickpin also displays an amalgamation of both Empires colours. The black and yellow flag of the Austro-Hungarian empire was used between the 1700's to 1915. So these pins are before 1915.

Erik,
    Welcome to the forum.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Thank you very much for the warm welcome and very competent answers. I'll do more postings of my WWI intems soon.
    Kind regards
    Erik