Display your banner here

Zu Pferde Helmet

Article about: Colleague's What are your thoughts on this helmet? Regards Allan

?

Default Zu Pferde Helmet

Colleague's

What are your thoughts on this helmet?

Regards Allan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Zu Pferde Helmet   Zu Pferde Helmet  

Zu Pferde Helmet   Zu Pferde Helmet  

Zu Pferde Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Zu Pferde Helmet
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Interior photos are needed for an opinion. As well as the other side with the Prussian Korkaden

On my cell but so far it looks promising. Would need to look at the wappen a bit more.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

more pics as requested.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Zu Pferde Helmet   Zu Pferde Helmet  

Zu Pferde Helmet  

A nice helmet! Any stamps or dates on it?

Look all right to me too.
    The Prussian cocarde looks odd. Any closer pic's (reverse as well) possible ?
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

MAP
    ?

Thanks for the new photos.

Looks to be dated 1915 or 1916 on the dome. Hard to tell. Can you get a close up of that. There will probably be a maker mark as well.

Overall looking good. It's interesting to note (and probably the photos), what looks like very heavy patina on exterior trim and spike plate. Almost like it is blackened or painted

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Its the 1915 model, but I suspect that it might have been repainted. The trim was usually still 'in the white,' but it is not beyond the bounds of possibility that the trim might have been wartime painted. Does the spike unscrew?

MAP
    ?

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Its the 1915 model, but I suspect that it might have been repainted. The trim was usually still 'in the white,' but it is not beyond the bounds of possibility that the trim might have been wartime painted. Does the spike unscrew?
    Yes. That was where I was lean too on the trim. The underside of the trim is in the white. Not sure of the body of the helmet. I see nothing to suggest any of this is "new" however.

Better photos will help.