Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Baikal Cossack Badge

Article about: What are some pointers regarding if a Baikal cossack badge is real or not? I know that these are very rare and expensive. I really want one because my great-great-grandfather was in the Baik

Default Baikal Cossack Badge

What are some pointers regarding if a Baikal cossack badge is real or not? I know that these are very rare and expensive. I really want one because my great-great-grandfather was in the Baikal Cossacks during the Russo-Japanese War, WWI, and the civil war. My relatives from that side of the family live in Australia, and (I believe) has all of his military items, and obviously won't hand them over to me as it is an heirloom. What do you guys think of this one? I don't collect pre-revolutionary Russian items at all, but I'd just like to have this one piece. I have asked the seller for clearer pics, but I will post the pictures already provided down below in a separate comment as there's a few of them.

Thanks and regards,
    Nikita.

Again, I don't know anything about these collecting-wise, so any information would be greatly appreciated. I tried to search for information online and on this thread, but I couldn't find a single link or anything with info.

Again, many thanks in advance.

Baikal Cossack BadgeBaikal Cossack BadgeBaikal Cossack BadgeBaikal Cossack BadgeBaikal Cossack BadgeBaikal Cossack Badge

It just came in today, let me know what you guys think. It is named to an A. P. Bashkeev, and it has an E. Kartman of St. Petersburg mintmark. It has minor enamel damage on the bottom, underneath the dragon, and on the dragon's tail.

Here’s some pictures:

Baikal Cossack BadgeBaikal Cossack BadgeBaikal Cossack BadgeBaikal Cossack BadgeBaikal Cossack BadgeBaikal Cossack BadgeBaikal Cossack BadgeBaikal Cossack Badge

This is the closest person I could find, though I am not sure this is the soldier who had this badge...

Бакшеев, Алексей Проклович — Википедия

?

I can't comment on its authenticity, but it certainly looks like an interesting badge