Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

CDV of Russian Imperial Guard

Article about: Alas! I live! After a hiatus from the forum of some time (I've honestly forgotten how long), I return with a CDV in the collection. I was never really into pictures that much until the last

Default CDV of Russian Imperial Guard

Alas! I live!

After a hiatus from the forum of some time (I've honestly forgotten how long), I return with a CDV in the collection. I was never really into pictures that much until the last few months, and so here we are.

I don't know too much about the image, who it is of, when, etc. but I can only imagine the stories he could tell. A veteran of the Turkish Wars? Crimea? Either way, it's one of my favorites in the small collection of photos I've got.

CDV of Russian Imperial Guard

?

He is a member of the Company of Palace Grenadiers, established in 1827 with veterans of the Imperial Guard who served with gallantry during the 1812 campaign.
    It continued to the end of the Imperial Guard in 1917 and consisted of long serving enlisted ranks of the various Imperial Guard regiments.
    The full dress uniform was quite spectacular.

BobS

?

This is an old veteran soldier (retired)
    The Russian government in such a simple way employed honored veteran soldiers, who were still allowed to health, once again serve for the good of Russia.