Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Hoping for more info on this uniform - Russian (?) 1891

Article about: I hope I'm in the right thread for this - I've been trying to research these family photos and keep getting stuck. I think it's the same person a few years older and with a higher ranking un

?

Default Hoping for more info on this uniform - Russian (?) 1891

I hope I'm in the right thread for this - I've been trying to research these family photos and keep getting stuck. I think it's the same person a few years older and with a higher ranking uniform? I've been told it's likely Russian due to the double headed eagle emblem and cockade. The word at the bottom of the one photo is apparently the name of a city in Warsaw and I don't know what the 12 refers to... unless it could mean December 1891?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!! (the actual photos are about 1 x 1 and I had to photo them, no scanner)
    Amy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hoping for more info on this uniform - Russian (?) 1891  

Although not my main field of study, I agree that these are photos of the same man in Imperial Russian uniform...and quite possibly taken in said suburb of Warsaw as this was part of the Russian Empire...Basically I'm confirming your assessment with my limited knowledge, lol...
    thanks for showing,
    cheers, Glenn

- - Updated - -
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 04-17-2014 at 06:30 PM.

?

Thanks for checking it out; I've been trying to find other photos of that same uniform online and have yet to do so.. glad I finally thought to try posting it!
    Amy

?

The guy in those photos is definitely in RIA private soldier uniform, no difference in ranks.

?

That's great; thank you!!

Private, infantry. 'Ribbon of merit' (associated with his unit) at the top of the cap badge.

Both pictures are post 1907 as per the uniform pattern. Therefore ..891 is not a year.

''Chlodna 12'' is a street name/block number in either Warsaw (most probably) or any other city in Poland.

?

Thank you so much!
    Amy