Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Imperial Russian Buckle?

Article about: Hello folks, I bought this military buckle 2 years ago on a flea market in Kraków, Poland. The seller only sold ground relics from the region. Kraków saw heavy combat during WW1 and WW2. I'v

Default Imperial Russian Buckle?

Hello folks,

I bought this military buckle 2 years ago on a flea market in Kraków, Poland. The seller only sold ground relics from the region. Kraków saw heavy combat during WW1 and WW2. I've no idea what kind of buckle this is, but could it be an Imperial Russian buckle? It's made of high quality brass.

4 cm x 6,5cm
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Russian Buckle?   Imperial Russian Buckle?  

Imperial Russian Buckle?   Imperial Russian Buckle?  

?

Default Re: Imperial Russian Buckle?

Americanheadcharge
    look here-Форум

So, this is an Soviet officers buckle model 1935? Its made of 100 % brass and not the replacement metal type that was used for post-war buckles, so I guess wartime?

?

Americanheadcharge
    Officer's belt model 1935 with a few changes so far produced by enterprises to the Russian Army.

Hey,

These "changes" are? Can you or someone else explain me this to me?

My buckle is different than this example:

Collect Russia Army officer leather belt with open face chromed steel buckle, c. Soviet Russian

So, its postwar?

Kaj

Hi Kaj, I just don't know about this one.

Certainly the M35's I have seen are more like the ones illustrated, thinner in form and more rounded looking. Yours is more heavier and sqaure looking.

I have also compared pre war Polish Officers buckles, which are again similar in shape and indeed this is the problem. Sorry I cannot help more.

Cheers, Ade.

Hey Adrian & all,

I think I found the answer on my own question. It's not Imperial Russian, not pre-ww2 and not even Soviet. It's a post-war Polish officers buckle. I was looking through my stuff and I've found a belt that was used by my grandfather in the post-war Communist Poland. The buckle is the same size and square-like. If you all agree, this thread can be closed. Thanks people for helping me in the right direction.

Imperial Russian Buckle?