Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

My great-granfather's photo

Article about: Hi guys, Could you assist with the identification of the unit/rank of my great-grandfather who served in the Tsarist Army? The photo is from prior to 1917.

Default My great-granfather's photo

Hi guys,

Could you assist with the identification of the unit/rank of my great-grandfather who served in the Tsarist Army?
    The photo is from prior to 1917.
    My great-granfather's photo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My great-granfather's photo  

?

Your grandfather served in:
    The 52nd Vilna Infantry Regiment of His Imperial Highness Grand Duke Kirill Vladimirovich is an infantry military unit of the Russian Imperial Army.

The regiment was heroic until 1905!
    But in 1905, the regiment partially supported the revolutionary movements of 1905.

In August 1914, as part of the 13th Infantry Division, the regiment left for the fronts of the First World War. Fought in the Yanchinsky battle. Member of the "Brusilovsky breakthrough".

The regiment was disbanded after the October Revolution of 1917. Many soldiers of the regiment returned to Feodosia. Some of them formed the Union of Knights of St. George and participated in the April uprising, suppressed by the Bolsheviks with great sacrifices.

Here is your grandfather's colleague

Wow SMERSH thanks so much for such a detailed reply!!
    Is it safe to say that my great-grandfather was an officer judging by the uniform?
    Also, what is that chain he (and the 'colleague' had)?

?

Quote by Jack105 View Post
    Wow SMERSH thanks so much for such a detailed reply!!
    Is it safe to say that my great-grandfather was an officer judging by the uniform?
    Also, what is that chain he (and the 'colleague' had)?
    Your grandfather was an ordinary soldier, just like his colleague. They are both ordinary soldiers.
    Unfortunately, I can’t say anything about the chain - most likely it was some element of the uniform of this particular military unit.

Quote by SMERSH View Post
    Your grandfather served in:
    The 52nd Vilna Infantry Regiment of His Imperial Highness Grand Duke Kirill Vladimirovich is an infantry military unit of the Russian Imperial Army.

The regiment was heroic until 1905!
    But in 1905, the regiment partially supported the revolutionary movements of 1905.

In August 1914, as part of the 13th Infantry Division, the regiment left for the fronts of the First World War. Fought in the Yanchinsky battle. Member of the "Brusilovsky breakthrough".

The regiment was disbanded after the October Revolution of 1917. Many soldiers of the regiment returned to Feodosia. Some of them formed the Union of Knights of St. George and participated in the April uprising, suppressed by the Bolsheviks with great sacrifices.

Here is your grandfather's colleague

Please stop using outside photo hosting sites here, it is not allowed!
    Please don't use picture hosting from other picture hosting sites for the forum

As you can see from this thread, your photos are already not accessible.
    Is this an original SS/SA cap-kepi or a fake?

If you continue to refuse to follow the rules, you will not be allowed to continue on this forum!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)