Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Question and help on Imperial Russia cigarette case

Article about: I recently picked up, what appears to be a WW1 era silver-cigarette case. I was told that the small badge/ medal is a small Imperial Russian Medal for Bravery. Also the Memento Mori, scull a

?

Default Question and help on Imperial Russia cigarette case

I recently picked up, what appears to be a WW1 era silver-cigarette case. I was told that the small badge/ medal is a small Imperial Russian Medal for Bravery. Also the Memento Mori, scull and Crossbones (remembering the dead), is quite interesting. There is some faint scratched writing on the inside (8 III 1941?) and other Cyrillic letters. Also coins from 1915.
    I was wondering if this may look familiar to you as far as the badge/ medal and the scull and crossbones on the back, as far as a “Special Imperial Unit?” An award, a gift? The silver markings?
    Anyway, you thoughts about the Russian words, the Badge/medal… are welcome.

Question and help on Imperial Russia cigarette caseQuestion and help on Imperial Russia cigarette caseQuestion and help on Imperial Russia cigarette caseQuestion and help on Imperial Russia cigarette caseQuestion and help on Imperial Russia cigarette caseQuestion and help on Imperial Russia cigarette caseQuestion and help on Imperial Russia cigarette caseQuestion and help on Imperial Russia cigarette caseQuestion and help on Imperial Russia cigarette caseQuestion and help on Imperial Russia cigarette case
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question and help on Imperial Russia cigarette case   Question and help on Imperial Russia cigarette case  

?

The monogram on the badge looks like this, isn't it?

Question and help on Imperial Russia cigarette case

File:Royal Monogram of King Boris III of Bulgaria.svg - Wikimedia Commons

?

Yes,
    I believe you hit it! Thanks. King Boris III of Bulgaria. Interesting. But why Russian Coins, Russian writing etc. a Gift!, Award? Or just a made up commemoration piece celebrating Boris' reign or death? remembering him?

?

The "Silver Stamp" is "800"... I can't figure out the cymbal in front of the 800.... but 800 was usually stamped by Silversmiths in Europe during that time.

?

Anything could happen, who knows...
    The stamp"800" is not Russian.

?

Colleagues, this is a Bulgarian fantasy for tourists! (Russian royal coins and a token are soldered to this army Bulgarian cigarette case only to increase the price of a Bulgarian cigarette case that no one needs) I.e. this is done to deceive a gullible buyer!
    This subject has nothing to do with Russia.