Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Two Russian Empire Buckles

Article about: It's time to post a bit in this forum. I picked these two buckles up today. One is Artillery, the other i am not too sure about. Maybe also some kind of artillery buckle. Artillery Buckle Ma

?

Default Two Russian Empire Buckles

It's time to post a bit in this forum. I picked these two buckles up today. One is Artillery, the other i am not too sure about. Maybe also some kind of artillery buckle.

Artillery Buckle

Maybe artillery

Both

Two Russian Empire BucklesTwo Russian Empire Buckles

Default Re: Two Russian Empire Buckles

I believe that is a grenadier's buckle, but the construction makes me think it may be more recent production.
    Best
    Gus

?

Quote by Gustaf B View Post
    I believe that is a grenadier's buckle, but the construction makes me think it may be more recent production.
    Best
    Gus
    Thank you for answering Gus. I guess what you are saying is that it might be a fake? Personally i think it looks crudely made. Corners just been cut off ect. I am not skilled in Rus Empire buckles at all.

The lack of patina on the brass, the mint condition of the buckle, the copper wire and tongue and the hand cut hook all look irregular for an Imperial produced buckle, to me.
    Best
    Gus

Default Imperial Russian Belt Buckle PS

Two Russian Empire Buckles Hi Gents I cleaned this Buckle think it's Bronze?
    Regards Jurgen

пряжка гренадера может быть оригинал,но крепление новодельное,с орлом оригинальная но сильно затертая