Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

2 Infanterie Sturmabzeichen

Article about: Hello friends, I have two ISA's here which I would very much appreciate to be looked at. I'm wondering if both are originals and which one would generally be more desirable. I would also lov

Default 2 Infanterie Sturmabzeichen

Hello friends, I have two ISA's here which I would very much appreciate to be looked at. I'm wondering if both are originals and which one would generally be more desirable. I would also love to know the makers of these. I believe the lighter one is a Wiener design.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 Infanterie Sturmabzeichen   2 Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  

2 Infanterie Sturmabzeichen   2 Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2 Infanterie Sturmabzeichen
    P
    Many

Welcome to the forum!
    Next time, please post your items in a separate thread for each of them. Please read this thread.
    Uploading photos and posting multiple items.

Now, both of your IAB's are original.
    The first one is from an unknown maker referred to as a "pillow crimp".
    You can compare to my example, and read up on the latest theory as to who made these in the following thread.
    Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Unknown Maker, Pillow Crimp

I believe your second example is made by either the firm of B.H. Mayer, or Otto Schickle.
    You can compare to my example posted in this thread.
    Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, B.H. Mayer,Schickle Tombak
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you rbminis, and I will be sure to post them in seperate threads in the future.

Would you agree that this pillow crimp variant is in a much shoddier condition compared to the Mayer or Schickle, and would you know what metals these would be? I'm assuming zinc, but I'm a bit confused as to one being very light and the other dark. Also, would the one being hollow decrease its value on the market?

Neither is in good condition, most likely due to storage conditions over the last 70+ years.
    I believe both are made of zink, and the value is determined by many factors, such as availability, maker, condition, variant, etc.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you, Ralph.

I another one... this picture is smaller, but reasonably clear. If you have time... :-)

Hello

As Ralph stated, both are good originals with condition issues.

The Pillow Crimp example is associated with the Vienna Design family of ISA's due to the similar obverse characteristics.

The second is referred to as the O. Schickle/BH Mayer ISA.
    Your zinc hollow is the Type 2 design and slightly differs from Ralph's earlier tombak Type 1 variant.

Here is one I have with some of the frosted white finish remaining to compare.
    Although this delicate finish is attractive when intact, it was not very durable and most these hollow zinc examples resemble yours.

Also, here is the design difference between the Type 1 and Type 2 zinc OS/BHM Hollow ISA's.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 Infanterie Sturmabzeichen   2 Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  

2 Infanterie Sturmabzeichen