MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

2 Infantry badges I got with the trade today, one silver one brown

Article about: As you all know I do not know a lot about German WW2 items, these came with a collection of items that were "brought back" by a Canadian Veteran, or so the story goes, another thre

?

Default 2 Infantry badges I got with the trade today, one silver one brown

As you all know I do not know a lot about German WW2 items, these came with a collection of items that were "brought back" by a Canadian Veteran, or so the story goes, another thread explains it all

So what do you guys think, no markings I can see, and one of them has a rather thin pin.

Thank you in Advance

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

2 Infantry badges I got with the trade today, one silver one brown2 Infantry badges I got with the trade today, one silver one brown2 Infantry badges I got with the trade today, one silver one brown2 Infantry badges I got with the trade today, one silver one brown

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2 Infantry badges I got with the trade today, one silver one brown
    P
    Many

I like them both!

Ned or Fischer are the experts but they look good to me too.

Regards, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hi Dean

As stated, both are original.

The silver grade is a (6) vein example purportedly made by Rudolf Karneth, Gablonz.
    The thin badge pin is a common attribute for these examples.

The second one is referred to as the "Missing Leaf" and has been linked to the maker Paul Meybauer.
    The nickname "Missing Leaf" derives from the very small wreath leaf inside the sling and k98k stock area.

Attribution for both of these is circumstantial as solid proof has not been found.

I would consider applying a light coating of Vaseline to the bronze grade, especially on the areas where corrosion has started.

Best Regards, fischer

?

Thank you!!!

Dean O

Quote by fischer View Post
    Hi Dean

As stated, both are original.

The silver grade is a (6) vein example purportedly made by Rudolf Karneth, Gablonz.
    The thin badge pin is a common attribute for these examples.

The second one is referred to as the "Missing Leaf" and has been linked to the maker Paul Meybauer.
    The nickname "Missing Leaf" derives from the very small wreath leaf inside the sling and k98k stock area.

Attribution for both of these is circumstantial as solid proof has not been found.

I would consider applying a light coating of Vaseline to the bronze grade, especially on the areas where corrosion has started.

Best Regards, fischer
    Fischer is spot on with his assessment. Stewy

?

Thank you again guys, again I know little about them ( I thought I knew something about WW2 German items but however, afte reading the threads about German everything, I now relize I know lees than I thought!!!)
    I have gone through threads about buckles...fat eagle thin eagle feathers ect...to my untrained eye for the most part, I can see no difference!!!

WE all know the things we collect..so maybe to me, I see things that are obviose to me..that others that do not collect cannot see

I Thank this great forum, and it members for taking the time to help me out with things that are common to them,, and still take the time to help a guy like me

DEan O Ajax Canada

2 nice ones