Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Broken Infanterie Sturmabzeichen on soldiers uniform

Article about: I found this in a youtube video. Never seen a broken Infanterie Sturmabzeichen on a soldiers uniform.

Default Broken Infanterie Sturmabzeichen on soldiers uniform

I found this in a youtube video. Never seen a broken Infanterie Sturmabzeichen on a soldiers uniform.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Broken Infanterie Sturmabzeichen on soldiers uniform  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Broken Infanterie Sturmabzeichen on soldiers uniform
    P
    Many

?

that is because it was broken in combat, not added as a broken IAB. on a site there are pre war pictures of the guy and his name and the famous one of him in I beleave in STALINGRAD just before he was killed. check it out.

?

also see the damage to the rite side of the black wound badge? looks like that both may have come into contact with each other?

Hi Mates. The man of the foto was Hauptmann Friedrich Konrad Winkler (22nd of August, 1909) Commandant of the 6th company in the Grenadier-Regiment 577 during the fighting in Barrikady Gun Factory, northern Stalingrad.

He was captured in Stalingrad in February 1943 and died soon after, at the age of 34

This photo is the avatar of one of our colleagues on the forum: "fischer", from US...... a true expert and scholar in ISA
    Last edited by TabsTabs1964; 09-04-2020 at 05:54 PM.

Thank you for that information. Never heard anything about him.

Good times. His wedding day portrait. The horror of Stalingrad is still far away.....

Here are a couple of examples I have and a photo of a Gebrigsjager with the ISA showing a broken wreath.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Broken Infanterie Sturmabzeichen on soldiers uniform   Broken Infanterie Sturmabzeichen on soldiers uniform  

?

wow !! the picture of the GERBG. with a broken IAB. is a rare bird indeed. I have only the one on the guy that died in capture. if any one has any of them in or out of ware please post them, thanks, toot.

?

the left side seems to be a very weak spot in the IAB, badge? but there were posted other ones with the break on the other side. does any one have a broken IAB in there collection or is there no interest in damaged / broken badges in general?

?

is the second IAB, you posted a BRONZE one? it looks like one?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast