Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

First Infanterie Sturmabzeichen and looking for info

Article about: Hello, I just recently got ahold of an Infanterie Sturmabzeichen and would like some information if at all available. To be honest, I am not even entirely sure if it is real or not. The reta

Post First Infanterie Sturmabzeichen and looking for info

Hello, I just recently got ahold of an Infanterie Sturmabzeichen and would like some information if at all available. To be honest, I am not even entirely sure if it is real or not. The retaining part of the pin has been broken off, you can slightly see where it used to be attached. There is what looks to be an upside-down Club with the letters "B.S.W" which I have assumed to be a makers mark but I am a novice and not entirely sure.

First Infanterie Sturmabzeichen and looking for infoFirst Infanterie Sturmabzeichen and looking for infoFirst Infanterie Sturmabzeichen and looking for info

(Sorry the photos are sideways, for whatever reason the uploader won't let me upload them any other way.)

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First Infanterie Sturmabzeichen and looking for info
    P
    Many

Are you uploading your photos from a PC or a phone?
    If it is a phone, please read this thread in the Technical section, there are a few others as well.
    Upside down, sideways cell phone pics
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

For what it's worth, the logo is the maker mark for Bruder Schnieder, Wien, as to authenticity, I will leave that to others.. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Are you uploading your photos from a PC or a phone?
    If it is a phone, please read this thread in the Technical section, there are a few others as well.
    Upside down, sideways cell phone pics
    Ralph.
    I'm uploading them from a PC. Not entirely sure why it's doing it, the photos are right side up in my files... I even actually tried flipping them sideways and uploading them that way to see if they would reflip but that didn't work. When I upload them to places such as imgur they work fine, but I know the rules against using third party uploaders and will refrain from doing such. In the future though, I will try to do what is said in the solution you provided when taking the photos.

Thanks!

-Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I also experienced this problem recently.

The below link describes why this is happening and how to solve it -

Why Your Photos Don’t Always Appear Correctly Rotated

The forums uploader must be a bit out of date. It ignores the Exif Orientation tag. Most modern websites/apps nearly always obey the Exif Orientation tag. This is why you’ve not encountered this problem before.

The only way I found to solve this issue was to download the third party software the article suggests (JPEG Autorotate). You will then be able to right click on each image and click on Auto rotate. Once an image has been auto rotated you will be able to upload to the forum and the image orientation will be correct.

Hope this helps.

(Edited for spelling)
    Last edited by Night Flare; 08-01-2021 at 02:21 PM.

Good to know, thanks!

?

Regarding the badge: It looks like a nice original BSW (Brüder Schneider, Wien)

CBH
    ?

Regarding photo posting, if you crop your photo before you upload to WRF it usually fixes the problem.

Good to know!

Glad to see someone else thinks it's an original. I have passed up a few deals recently on other badges because I'm not the greatest at determining their authenticity.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast