Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fritz Zimmerman Infantrie Sturmabzeichen pin repair

Article about: Hi Forum, I have this Fritz Zimmermann Infantry badge with a repair on the back. My question: Is this the right kind of pin? I see them with only with a hinge folding outward. Second, I know

?

Default Fritz Zimmerman Infantrie Sturmabzeichen pin repair

Hi Forum,

I have this Fritz Zimmermann Infantry badge with a repair on the back.
    My question: Is this the right kind of pin? I see them with only with a hinge folding outward.
    Second, I know that a missing pin impacts the (collecting) value of the piece, what if there is a (period) repair?

Fritz Zimmerman Infantrie Sturmabzeichen pin repairFritz Zimmerman Infantrie Sturmabzeichen pin repairFritz Zimmerman Infantrie Sturmabzeichen pin repair

Looking forward to your inputs. Have a great day.
    Last edited by rbminis; 06-10-2021 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fritz Zimmerman Infantrie Sturmabzeichen pin repair
    P
    Many

Please read this thread.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

There are a couple of examples for you to compare, including one similar to yours, in this thread.
    Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, FZS, Fritz Zimmermann Stuttgart
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hello

The maker Fritz Zimmermann, Stuttgart utilized a variety of different hardware set-ups.
    Hinge types, catch plates, catch styles and attachment methods (directly soldered or crimped in place) can be found on the FZS examples.
    Here are some from my collection.

The pin on yours looks to be the correct shape, but cannot verify if it belongs to this ISA or just handmade.
    Secondly, looking at the adhesive used to reattach the hinge I doubt this is a period repair.
    Also, the hinge block is not original.

In regards to worth, repairs like this drastically reduces the value of the badge.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fritz Zimmerman Infantrie Sturmabzeichen pin repair   Fritz Zimmerman Infantrie Sturmabzeichen pin repair  

Fritz Zimmerman Infantrie Sturmabzeichen pin repair   Fritz Zimmerman Infantrie Sturmabzeichen pin repair  

Fritz Zimmerman Infantrie Sturmabzeichen pin repair   Fritz Zimmerman Infantrie Sturmabzeichen pin repair  

?

Thank you for your elaborate and excellent reply.