Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen

Article about: Dear all, I bought this one on a auction house for an interesting price. I think/assume that an auction house has experts who check the products, but in the end they don´t guarantee 100% or

Default Centered

Dear all,

i checked it again and I could find the proof that it´s NOT centered with Head/swastika and bottom "ring"... Is that normal or not ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen
    P
    Many

?

Fischer, is it possible that the badge below is might not be an original?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Roderick View Post
    Dear all,

i checked it again and I could find the proof that it´s NOT centered with Head/swastika and bottom "ring"... Is that normal or not ?
    I think you are not understanding my point. Here is a Youtube video that shows the Zinc Die Casting process.

This is how these Zinc ISA's would have been produced.
    The molten zinc is cast into the mold. The casting is removed and the excess "flash" is removed when the worker places the Casting into the trim die.
    If the ISA is not placed correctly, the trim could off slightly. So, the Die Casting is "NOT" off centered...the Trim Die caused the variation.

ZINC DIE CASTING PROCESS - YouTube

Here are a few more unmarked Müller examples that are considered fakes by the collecting community.

In the end, it's your decision...I am not trying to convince you one way or another.
    You asked for opinions and I gave you mine.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  

Dear Fischer,

thanks again for your pictures and explanations. So these Fakes really look nearly perfect. For me as a beginner it´s still impossible to tell if my ISA is a fake or not. Maybe I will try to find some dealer or expert on site who can check it. But according to your explanations and pictures I will consider my ISA as a fake. Or would better close up pictures of some parts of the ISA help ?

By the way: Does it make a difference that my vesion is "curved" version (not flat). Are there known curved REAL ISA´s from Müller or is it maybe also typical for a Fake ISA ?

I added some more close-up pictures with my improvised equimpment, maybe that helps for further assessement. I realize now that I need a good camera with a macro-lens for this hobby...

Kind regards

Roderick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  

Last edited by Roderick; 04-22-2024 at 07:15 AM.

Dear all,

I attached again some more pictures - this time made with a good camera in better quality. Maybe this helps to find out if it´s an Staegmeier or probably an original....

Kind regards

Roderick

Dear all,

short update concering the ISA. I also posted this topic with same pictures and the concerns at the German Orden Forum. There are also several experienced collectors and they assess the badge as original and not a Staegmeir Copy. All details are sharp and clear and how it should be. One member mentioned especially the kind of slightly gold/yellow finish on some parts the silver surface what is considere to be "Zapponlack". This finish was typically used to protect the silver coating and a good sign for an original one. To fake this would be probably too laborious.
    In the end 100% guarantee is only possible by an expertise of a pro-seller or expert on site, but I think I will accept this trace of doubt for now...

Thanks again for all your opinions so far - if there are more ideas or other opinions concerning the originality or the Zapponlack coating I´m glad to hear from you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2