Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen fake or real?

Article about: Hi Guys my name is Gerry and i am new to this forum. I hope to profit from your knowledge to find out if my infantry badge is a real one. I know it is a Deschler piece and stemped L 10 but t

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    Did Deschler make a scooped variant?
    Brian
    No problem.
    Yes, they did.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen fake or real?
    P
    Many

Thanks Ralph! Appreciate the information. Kindest regards.

Brian

?

In fact i did buy it from an auction which turns out to be a staegmeir, that is why i am concerned!! I did use his pic´s so i didn´t have to make new ones. But now i did it anyway
    Thanks for your help i appreciate it!!

?

If i look at the catch base it looks like there use to be a square one? Or in fact if the orginal that was use to make it had a square base? I found other Deschlers on the internet. The needle is not made from metal.

?

i ment i found other Deschlers with a square bas on the internet. Thanks Guys

With these new pictures I have to say that it looks genuine to me as the overall appearance seems good. Better wait for other opinions, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Ned, you also watched the base on the GCA, there still show badges with the same "red flags". I did not want to show this picture, so that the fakemakers did not see their mistakes. I thought that you would see these "red flags". Also, the needle and its bend are different from the original and are characteristic of fakes from Staegemeir. On the obverse there are also "red flags", but I will not show them. Look for yourself.

Quote by ryuuk View Post
    Ned, you also watched the base on the GCA, there still show badges with the same "red flags". I did not want to show this picture, so that the fakemakers did not see their mistakes. I thought that you would see these "red flags". Also, the needle and its bend are different from the original and are characteristic of fakes from Staegemeir. On the obverse there are also "red flags", but I will not show them. Look for yourself.
    Hi ryuuk,

I have taken that into consideration. I believe that the badge on the right of your montage COULD be the original Deschler IAB that was used as a master to form the fake casting mold, and is the same as the one shown in Gerry's last images of his badge. The badge on the left is a modern copy produced from this process. As for the needle bend on Deschler IAB's (and others of their combat badges), well I've seen both straight and rounded pins at the hinge end, some with toolmarks and some without so am prepared to allow that be for now.

It's only a theory of course, and these are not my speciality really, so I'm willing to accept I've got it wrong if the concensus leans the other way. I just like the overall appearance of that badge, if I'm wrong no drama's, I've made it clear that I was being "cautiously optimistic" and advising to take note of other opinions as I can't be 100%.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

What are the measurements and weight?
    I know that's not a definitive answer - but it would go a long way to prove either way IMHO.

I don't want him to get a "Big 'Ed "- but rarely is our man wrong - fo me it looks to be a good one - although I was cautious at the beginning because of the pictures- Staegemeir's good - but not that good!!

?

Other. Good patina, there are no traces of casting.
    Infanterie Sturmabzeichen fake or real?Infanterie Sturmabzeichen fake or real?Infanterie Sturmabzeichen fake or real?Infanterie Sturmabzeichen fake or real?Infanterie Sturmabzeichen fake or real?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast