Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this Infanterie Sturmabzeichen original?

Article about: Is this Infanterie Sturmabzeichen made in silver(?) original?

Default Is this Infanterie Sturmabzeichen original?

Is this Infanterie Sturmabzeichen made in silver(?) original? It looks to be maker marked by E.F Wiedmann
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this Infanterie Sturmabzeichen original?   Is this Infanterie Sturmabzeichen original?  

Is this Infanterie Sturmabzeichen original?   Is this Infanterie Sturmabzeichen original?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this Infanterie Sturmabzeichen original?
    P
    Many

?

To my untrained eye it looks ok for Weidmann badge. Made in zinc (not silver) it had lost it's finish over the years. I can't decide if the pin is original or not. Hopefully Fischer will be able to confirm.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

It looks okay to me, and I agree with Adrian, it has the correct set up for a Weidmann. I believe the pin is original as well.
    Here is my unmarked example to compare.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hello,

The example that started this post is a E. Ferd Wiedmann with maker mark and it's a Die/Type 3 design...also the set-up is correct.
    It has one of the many hardware configurations used on this variant, with the most common being the so-called Lily Pad hardware set-up.
    Also, this one is what I consider a later war Wiedmann example having a trim die stamping without any post clean-up, faded low grade wash type finish and produced using a lower grade of zinc.

In comparison, Ralph's example has a Die/Type 1 obverse and what I consider earlier in the Wiedmann production lineage - with the obverse matching the L/51 marked variants.
    It displays a cleaner strike with some deburring, a higher grade base material and a nicer frosted white finish that withstood the annals of time.

If you compare the 4R wreath leafs on these two, you will see they are different vein patterns.

Best Regards, fischer