Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Help needed please.

Article about: Hello I hope you can help please. I would welcome comments on the badge in the photos below. Any comments would be gratefully received. Thanks

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Help needed please.

Hello
    I hope you can help please.
    I would welcome comments on the badge in the photos below.
    Any comments would be gratefully received.
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Help needed please.   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Help needed please.  

Last edited by rbminis; 02-08-2017 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Help needed please.
    P
    Many

Looks like it's a Vienna Design 'pillow crimp' IAB by a so far unknown maker. It looks promising but either get better pic's or wait for stewy or fischer to comment, these aren't really my forte.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Please read.
    The Use of German Terminology.

If you compare to the one in the data base, I think you will find it compares favorably.
    Pillow Crimp, Unknown Maker, with Crimped in Sheet Metal Hinge and Round Wire Catch with Catch Plate
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks For your reply Ralph. I agree the badge is similar to the one you point out.
    I apologise for not using the correct terminology and will ensure I do in future.
    Thanks again
    John

Thanks for your reply Ned, very encouraging.
    Cheers
    John

I am only now aware that the database is finally up and running, a fine effort Ralph, well done sir!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    I am only now aware that the database is finally up and running, a fine effort Ralph, well done sir!

Regards, Ned.
    Thanks much Ned!
    It is as much as I have been able to so far.
    As you have seen, I posted a thread for contributions and will continue to add those that are not already listed, as long as the photos are good enough.
    If any member wishes to contribute to the Infantrie Sturmabzeichen Data Base.
    I have been slowly adding to the PKA data base, but not there yet.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Original pillow crimp ISA for me. Stewy

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Original pillow crimp ISA for me. Stewy
    I agree with Stewy, an original Pillow Crimp example.

Best Regards, fischer

I've just added some extra photos.
    Hope they help.
    John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Help needed please.   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Help needed please.  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast