Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber maker?

Article about: Hello, I am trying to find out the maker of this Infantry Assault Badge and when it was produced. Any information is greatly appreciated!

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber maker?

Hello,
    I am trying to find out the maker of this Infantry Assault Badge and when it was produced. Any information is greatly appreciated!

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber maker?Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber maker?
    Last edited by rbminis; 10-12-2022 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber maker?
    P
    Many

Please read this thread regarding posting in this section of the forum.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.

I believe you have a 5 vein steel IAB by ShuCo.
    You can compare with mine here.
    Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, ShuCo Design, Hollow Steel
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks for the info, Ralph!
    Still learning as I'm new to the forum. At least I put it in the correct sub-forum this time!

I agree with Ralph's assessment and looks to be a nice 5-vein steel ShuCo Design variant.

In looking at the reverse, The badge pin looks to be backward with the tensioner foot facing outward or away from the back of the badge.
    I have seen this before on several ISA's of different manufacturer over the years...too many IMO to be replacements.

I have theorized that the recipient of the award did this purposely to get the ISA to lay better when wearing on the tunic.

Here is my 5-vein example to compare.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber maker?   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber maker?  

Great assessment fischer

Also, here is a ground dug ISA with the badge pin installed backward.

With this being ground dug, I believe this example has always been this way.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber maker?   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber maker?  

Makes sense. I can say this piece has been in a footlocker for almost 77 years. Anything done to it had to be before my grandfather acquired it during WWII.

What exactly does the "5 vein" description refer to? I appreciate the information.

If you look at the eagle from the front, the top leaf on the eagle's left, (your right), you will see the leaf has "5 veins".
    Some by this maker have 4.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    If you look at the eagle from the front, the top leaf on the eagle's left, (your right), you will see the leaf has "5 veins".
    Some by this maker have 4.
    Ralph.
    Ah, I see. Thank you very much Ralph! Is this a common piece?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast