Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber real or fake

Article about: hi all, this is a reqest on behalf of my friend he has been offered this infantry assault badge from germany hense swatstika covered but wanted to know if it was fake now i wont lie i know n

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber real or fake

hi all,
    this is a reqest on behalf of my friend he has been offered this infantry assault badge from germany hense swatstika covered but wanted to know if it was fake now i wont lie i know nothing at all about these badges and i certainly could not tell if it was real or fake so any advice would great
    1 thing i noticed is the makers mark on the pin i dont know if that is a common fake or not like i say if someone could give me some advice for him if it a real or a nasty fake before he spends the money

thank you

oh and merry christmas Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber real or fakeInfanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber real or fake
    Last edited by rbminis; 12-18-2016 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber real or fake
    P
    Many

Sorry it's a fake. Stewy

thats great i can let him know now so he can save his money thank you

No flat pin ISA's are maker marked on the pin. The hinge is very wrong too. What does the makers mark say? Stewy

i wont lie stewy i dont know thats the only pictures my friend sent me as when i first looked at it i was concerned and i knew if i posted on here people would help him

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    What does the makers mark say? Stewy
    Ges. Gesch.
    Stewy is correct.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Sorry,Halo....but it's a Slug...."Ges Gesch" on the pin? Uhh...nope.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Would make an interesting sinker if your friend is into fishing.

Hello Halo

I agree with what the others have stated; this one is a fake based on the Friedrich Linden, Lüdenscheid examples.

The wide pin is an interesting choice for the hardware...albeit, two original ISA manufacturers did use the wide pin set up.
    The maker mark "Ges. Gesch" has also been seen in use with other fakes; this firm never produced ISA's during WW2.

In regards to purchasing TR badges, I would recommend your friend learn the correct attributes of originals in this fora before making a purchase.
    Studying known originals is a good way to avoid getting burned when starting out and from becoming discouraged with the hobby.

Best Regards, fischer