Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber for review

Article about: Good morning again folks.. This is a second IAB in Silver for review. This one has me a little concerned because of the circle marks on the reverse of the badge. I don't ever recall seeing a

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber for review

Good morning again folks..

This is a second IAB in Silver for review. This one has me a little concerned because of the circle marks on the reverse of the badge. I don't ever recall seeing anything like this, and at first I thought it may have been stamped or pressed. I don't know if the makers of these badges used that type of manufacturing technique (stamping metal or pressing metal). I was also a little concerned about the lack of detail on the features of the badge, however in light of what I was told about this possibly being a molded badge, I can see that some of the details will lack...

I sent the same pictures I will post here to Ralph Boos and he believes this may possibly be an Assmann and Sohne mold number 1.

Once again I can't thank you all enough for your knowledge, friendliness and spirt of collecting to assist in identification of badges with those of us who do not collect Third Reich artifacts as a primary hobby.

I have enjoyed scouring the forums and yesterday I was looking up a Wound badge in the forums and the Wound Badge database and I was able to confirm that I have a Carl Wild example which I was pretty impressed with 1. my research abilities and 2. The ease of identification due to great photos and information provided.

Looking forward to hearing what others think about this IAB in Silber, and again if this is a good one I would like to submit this to the Original IAB Database for historical preservation..

Smitty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber for review   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber for review  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber for review   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber for review  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber for review   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber for review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber for review
    P
    Many

?

IMO, original Assmann.

Ralph,

Please feel free to add this to the Original IAB Database if you feel it worthy.. Thanks again forum members

Smitty

Hello Smitty

You are correct, this one is an F. W. Assmann & Söhne – Solid “Injection Mold” Example.
    The mold was a multiple impression cavity type having four different cells, numbered 1-4, producing “almost identical” badges.
    Yours is 1 marked example.

These are considered a Late War variant.

Best Regards, fischer

I have been asked to take some more pictures so that this example may be added to the original database..

Here are some more pictures that I took in natural light. I hope that these will be up to par..

I am honored to have an example of an IAB that is worthy of being included in a database for collectors..

Smitty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber for review   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber for review  

Thank you Smitty!
    I'll add it as soon as I have some time.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)