Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen, silver, "F.L.L.", fake?

Article about: Hello! My first post here, hopefully I get this right. Got this assault badge in the mail today and got a BAD feeling about it, but then again I dont have much experiences with them, so plea

?

Default Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen, silver, "F.L.L.", fake?

Hello! My first post here, hopefully I get this right. Got this assault badge in the mail today and got a BAD feeling about it, but then again I dont have much experiences with them, so please, do enlighten me: real or fake?

The hook is missing from the back and it seems someone tried to fix it with glue
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen, silver, "F.L.L.", fake?   Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen, silver, "F.L.L.", fake?  

Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen, silver, "F.L.L.", fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen, silver, "F.L.L.", fake?
    P
    Many

I will look closer later, but you can compare to my example posted here.
    Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, FLL, Freidrich Linden, Ludenschied
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thank You for the quick reply! Feeling more confident now comparing it to your example.

Hello

Your ISA is an original Friedrich Linden and is one of many variations produced by this maker.
    Unfortunately, as you state the catch is missing.

Like Wiedman, FLL produced a multitude of variants and are a challenge to track them all down.

Here is my example to compare...notice the excessive, almost sloppy use of solder around the hinge and catch.
    Also notice the circular grooves on the reverse left in the zinc from the die. These are known attributes of this example.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen, silver, "F.L.L.", fake?   Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen, silver, "F.L.L.", fake?  

?

Thank You for verifying this! So much yet for me to learn about different manufacturers and variants. Luckily I`m at the right forum! Thank You again.