Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie sturmabzeichen Slim stalk ? - ask for help

Article about: Hi guys, Here is one ISA badge which is unmarked made of zinc with some bronze finish. I was thinking it is Deschler slim stalk badge but then I have found it can be Juncker badge comparing

?

Default Infanterie sturmabzeichen Slim stalk ? - ask for help

Hi guys,
    Here is one ISA badge which is unmarked made of zinc with some bronze finish. I was thinking it is Deschler slim stalk badge but then I have found it can be Juncker badge comparing the pin and catch but eagle head looks different. Finally I am lost with this badge. Can you please help me identify maker, finally if it is original one. And is it bronze type or only silver finish has gone?
    Thank you, Mike

Infanterie sturmabzeichen Slim stalk ? - ask for helpInfanterie sturmabzeichen Slim stalk ? - ask for helpInfanterie sturmabzeichen Slim stalk ? - ask for helpInfanterie sturmabzeichen Slim stalk ? - ask for helpInfanterie sturmabzeichen Slim stalk ? - ask for helpInfanterie sturmabzeichen Slim stalk ? - ask for helpInfanterie sturmabzeichen Slim stalk ? - ask for help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie sturmabzeichen Slim stalk ? - ask for help
    P
    Many

I believe your initial thoughts are correct. This is a Juncker IAB in bronze.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

its a nice one.

This ISA was once known as "slim stalk", but I believe it's since been attributed to Juncker manufacture. Fischer will fill in the gaps i'm sure. Stewy

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    This ISA was once known as "slim stalk", but I believe it's since been attributed to Juncker manufacture. Fischer will fill in the gaps i'm sure. Stewy
    Hi Mike

I agree with my good friend Stewy's analysis of this one...a so-called Slim Stalk attributed to the Juncker firm.
    Conclusive proof to Juncker has not been discovered and this attribution has been determined using theoretical forensics.

It is close in design the so-called Deschler "Mutant" variant as you mention, but slight wreath leaf/vein differences show two different dies were in use.

In regards to the finish, I would say this is a frosted white-silver grade with a golden colored undercoating or primer.
    This undercoating was applied to the base zinc material and then the electroplated frosted white finish would be administered.

With time, this golden primer would cause the frosted white finish to yellow with age and give the appearance the badge is bronze.

Here is my silver grade with the same finish features as yours to compare.

Best regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie sturmabzeichen Slim stalk ? - ask for help   Infanterie sturmabzeichen Slim stalk ? - ask for help  

?

Hi guys,
    thank you for help, now after fischer mentioned it is silver grade I do not know if to buy it, because I am looking for bronze grade and the owner of this badge wants 115,-eur for it.
    Mike