MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - W.H. -- QUESTION

Article about: Do all the genuine W.H Infanterie Sturmabzeichen's have the hollowing out behind the rifle butt? I have got hold of one which is completely flat at the back and I am unable to take photos be

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - W.H. -- QUESTION

Do all the genuine W.H Infanterie Sturmabzeichen's have the hollowing out behind the rifle butt?
    I have got hold of one which is completely flat at the back and I am unable to take photos because my camera is broken. I searched the net for a badge that looks the same as mine and this is what I found. No rear view though. The hinge plate on mine has square corners whereas the others have rounded corners and the catch is embedded into the badge whereas mine has a round plate. Sorry I can't post my own pictures as I realize that it is difficult to give input this way, but please try. The flat top to the eagles head is also worrying as is the eagles talons. The badge also seems excessively thick, all in all I believe this to be a fake, am I right? Thank you guys.
    Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - W.H. -- QUESTION  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - W.H. -- QUESTION
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - W.H. -- QUESTION

Not original.

Hello Tom

The badge you posted is a well known fake. These have a FZS like obverse and are mm W.H. on the reverse.

The W. Hobacher Infanterie Sturmabzeichen belongs to the Vienna design family of badges and the obverse looks close to the R. Souval, F, Orth and Grossman & Co. to name a few.

Here are the two accepted Wilhelm Hobacher Infanterie Sturmabzeichen's. The first has a block hinge and is the earlier of the two IMO and the second has a wrap around sheet metal hinge. Both have the mm W.H.

Best Regards, fischer

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - W.H. -- QUESTIONInfanterie Sturmabzeichen - W.H. -- QUESTIONInfanterie Sturmabzeichen - W.H. -- QUESTIONInfanterie Sturmabzeichen - W.H. -- QUESTION

Thank you Janos & Fischer. Did not have my camera with me when I got the badge so could only do decent research once item was in hand. At least the story has a happy ending, took it back this morning and put money down on another he has. Will try and get some photos up soon (albeit bad ones)
    Tom

Here are some pics, but very bad quality. If you don't feel you can say either way from these I fully understand. It is an unmarked hollow back. Will have to get this camera fixed! Took these on the roof of the wife's car, but being overcast....
    Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - W.H. -- QUESTION   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - W.H. -- QUESTION