Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen by Zimmermann

Article about: l started to collect the Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, this is one of my favorite badges

?

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen by Zimmermann

l started to collect the Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, this is one of my favorite badgesInfanterie Sturmabzeichen by ZimmermannInfanterie Sturmabzeichen by Zimmermann

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen by Zimmermann
    P
    Many

?

They are a good design. The bold oakleaves are the best of any badge in my opinion.
    It's a slippery slope though, there are many, many, probably in the hundreds of variants to collect......

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

A nice original Zimmermann.
    Difficult to see from these photos, does this one have a crimped in hinge?
    This one appears to have had the obverse cleaned.
    You can compare to my example posted here.
    Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, FZS, Fritz Zimmermann, Stuttgart
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Yes very nice leaves, is why l like these most, l have about 15 different styles now, 9 are marked.
    l keep looking, l have also two in bronze.

?

Ralph, that is a very nice badge, mine is a bit dark on the reverse, but the pin and hook is exact to your badge, l have not cleaned it, it is about 10 yrs in my collection, it has darkened a bit over the yrs, thank you for showing your badge..

Hello ortona,

Can you post better photo's of the hinge and catch areas?

For me, I cannot see the crimping flaps that holds the hinge in place.
    Also, the catch is not crimped in place either and looks to be soldered on top of the crimp area.

I'm leaning toward this one being a Staegmaier fake...but will need better photo's of the hardware to be certain.

Here is a correct FZS from my collection to compare.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen by Zimmermann   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen by Zimmermann  

Also, the FZS variant did come in several different finish types during this makers production period.

And, like it's Stuttgart neighbor Frank & Reif, Zimmermann also produced examples of the Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in the "Unpoliert" or Unpolished finish...basically zinc in it's raw state.

Here is a Zimmermann ISA with crimped in hardware showing the "Unpolient" type finish and a zinc unpolished rock.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen by Zimmermann   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen by Zimmermann  

Attached Images Attached Images Infanterie Sturmabzeichen by Zimmermann 

Hi Guys,

I was hoping for the additional photo's of the example that started this thread. But without them, I will show some Staegmaier fakes with the attributes I mentioned earlier.

Notice the circular catch base is soldered on top of the crimping lip and the hinge base made to look like it's crimped in but it's just soldered in between the flaps.

The last example the hardware is just soldered on top of the crimp areas that remained during the casting process.

Best Regards, fischer

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen by Zimmermann   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen by Zimmermann  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen by Zimmermann   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen by Zimmermann