Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Infanteriesturmabzeichen real or fake?

Article about: Hello fellow collectors, I need your assessment of this Infanteriesturmabzeichen. The needle system is definitely not original to this badge, but what about the badge itself? Is it a restore

Default Infanteriesturmabzeichen real or fake?

Hello fellow collectors,

I need your assessment of this Infanteriesturmabzeichen. The needle system is definitely not original to this badge, but what about the badge itself? Is it a restored original or completely fake?

Thank you for your help!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanteriesturmabzeichen real or fake?   Infanteriesturmabzeichen real or fake?  

Infanteriesturmabzeichen real or fake?   Infanteriesturmabzeichen real or fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanteriesturmabzeichen real or fake?
    P
    Many

The hard ware actually looks okay for some makers, but I believe this whole badge is a cast copy.
    Too much pitting on the reverse, and lack of detail on the obverse for me.
    I have rotated a couple of your photos for easier viewing.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Odd colour.... is it trying to be a bronze?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by rbminis View Post
    The hard ware actually looks okay for some makers, but I believe this whole badge is a cast copy.
    Too much pitting on the reverse, and lack of detail on the obverse for me.
    I have rotated a couple of your photos for easier viewing.
    Ralph.

Thank you very much Ralph, for your assessment. I agree, the front looks good, but I also don't like the back at all. I bought this thing at a flea market 25 years ago or so, luckily it didn't cost much as far as I know. But I don't think it should be a bronze one, it looks more like silver one. I was hoping it could have been a restored earth find. But okay, it's not too bad.

Looks to be an attributed Wilhelm Deumer (formally known as the Deformed Leaf variant) with the block hinge and recessed half-moon catch plate hardware.

The condition issues are from poor storage or even possibly ground dug.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanteriesturmabzeichen real or fake?   Infanteriesturmabzeichen real or fake?  

Looks like a good piece, and the silver finish is faint. Looks to be weathered

Quote by fischer View Post
    Looks to be an attributed Wilhelm Deumer (formally known as the Deformed Leaf variant) with the block hinge and recessed half-moon catch plate hardware.

The condition issues are from poor storage or even possibly ground dug.

Best Regards, fischer
    Thank you really much for the assessment! So you think it's an original after all? Attributed to Deumer or Deumer?

Regards The Sammler

(Took some more Pics)

Quote by humble collector View Post
    Looks like a good piece, and the silver finish is faint. Looks to be weathered
    Thank you very much!