Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Infantrie Sturmabzeichen

Article about: Once again I need some advice... I know the pictures aren't perfect but I'm afraid that's all I can come up with. It looks so good I'm afraid it might be a fake. My apologies for all my spam

Default Infantrie Sturmabzeichen

Once again I need some advice...

I know the pictures aren't perfect but I'm afraid that's all I can come up with. It looks so good I'm afraid it might be a fake.

My apologies for all my spam of the last few days ;-)

Thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infantrie Sturmabzeichen   Infantrie Sturmabzeichen  

Infantrie Sturmabzeichen   Infantrie Sturmabzeichen  

Last edited by rbminis; 01-07-2022 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infantrie Sturmabzeichen
    P
    Many

I have edited the title to your thread.
    Please read the following thread regarding posting in the Orders and Decorations section of this forum.
    The Use of German Terminology.

This is an original by the maker Fritz Zimmermann, Stuttgart.
    You can compare with my example posted here.
    Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, FZS, Fritz Zimmermann Stuttgart
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I've been searching and I've noticed these Zimmermann's often still look really good.

Thanks again, Ralph. And noted!

Hello

This FZS variant is one of my favorites and yours appears to be in very nice condition.

This Long Barrel Hinge and Oblong Catch Plate fits perfectly into the raised guides on the reverse. We can see the reverse die was made for this exact hardware set-up.
    Subsequent examples show these same raised guides on the reverse but, Zimmermann changed hardware.

I've wondered if this style could not be acquired any longer or was it just a cost savings measure.

Here is my Long Barrel and Short Barrel-Round Catch Plate to compare.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infantrie Sturmabzeichen   Infantrie Sturmabzeichen  

Infantrie Sturmabzeichen   Infantrie Sturmabzeichen  

Thank you, Fischer! Yours looks great too, I have to say. Interesting information! If you wish, I could make some clearer and high-res pictures when this one comes in.

Best regards

Yes, look forward to seeing better pics of your new acquisition!

Best Regards, fischer

Hey,

I just got it in. It looks pretty much like it does on the pictures, although it is rather bent. Which is a shame, because the seller didn't mention so and it's not really well seen on the pictures. I'll send some pics later today.
    Last edited by hebianto; 01-12-2022 at 10:35 PM.

Quote by hebianto View Post
    Hey,

I just got it in. It looks pretty much like it does on the pictures, although it is rather bent. Which is a shame, because the seller (of course) didn't mention so and it's not really well seen on the pictures. So, while it looks good, I am kind of disappointed. I'll send some pics later today.
    What do you mean, "it is rather bent"?
    Many of these do have an arc to them, makes them more suitable for wear.
    For the same reason some EK I are vaulted.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Well, I have several and this one definitely out does the others. It's bend in a way so that the swastika sticks out much more than the carbine. I don't have a Zimmermann though and I'm rather green with this so it might be like this on all the Zimmermann's?

If needed, I will take some photos of my example when I get home today.
    Sometimes this arc causes the straight on photos to be a little out of focus in the eagle area.
    Ralph.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast